• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sp33dball said:
Cons: I turned on my computer. It was on for 20 minutes. Then it shut off by itself. I tried to turn it on again and it actually blew flames out the back and my house smelled like burnt electronics for 4 days.
Lol. Smoke, maybe, sparks possibly, I doubt a PSU would actually shoot flames out of the back. If they did you would hear about all the law suits from people who burn down their houses.

Soichiro said:
Maybe we should give him a Pentium 4 Prescott at 4 Ghz. By his thinking, it should be better than any processor currently on the market. :rolleyes:
Oh yes ofcourse, A 4ghz P4 would beat the **** out of a Q6600.

review on e6600

Pros: fast

Cons: after running it for 2 days I could not stand the high pitched whine the fan was making any longer. It broke my heart to send this $$$ back, but for the money I should get a quality fan and not one that is losing it's bearings.

Other Thoughts: I can't wait to get it back.

returns a e6600 for the fan noise :S, and now he wants it back again

Pros: Upgraded from an Intel Pentium D 935 Presler (at least I thought it was an upgrade).

Cons: This chip runs so hot, you could fry eggs on it. Runs too slow.

Other Thoughts: Don't waste your money.

and this one cracks me up

Pros: NONE, this is no faster than any other single core processer out there there isn't any software or any operating system that utilizes dual cores all software is a single thread program

Cons: you all got conned by intel lol If your framrs per second are faster it's because you upgraded your video card and memory 3.2 prescott is faster than this

Other Thoughts: Save your money until they come out with software for multiple threading to use a procrssor utilizing more than one core by time they do that they will have 80 processers on one chip

he says a 3.2ghz prescott is faster then a e6600 :p

and there is more, from what i understand most of them didnt do a complete new install of windows and didnt remove and old drivers...

and there is more, from what i understand most of them didnt do a complete new install of windows and didnt remove and old drivers...

Ahh I love it when people put new hardware in their computer and expect it to work since Wind0wz is l337 and knows all. Probably running on a 5400RPM HDD or something hehehe.

alright this is for a q6600!
Amazing, especially for the price

write.gif Reviewed By: Steve on 8/24/2007 goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif
n1_tech.gif Tech Level: average - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year
Pros: I've been building systems for about 15 years and have never been more impressed with price/performance point of these chips. It is nothing short of amazing what you can get for under $300. I have been able to get my GO over 5.6, stable on air, with very little effort. I run it at 3.3 24/7, never gets over 55 degrees

Cons:
Needs a quality aftermarket heatsink, does not OC as well as the duals and runs hotter

Other Thoughts:
Be certain to match the rest of your components or you will not see good results, PSU, RAM and MB all need to be top quality to get the most out of this chip.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017

This is the 1st review for a Kingstong DataTraveler 1GB...

Pros: The price is very good. I like the gloss black color. Print speeds are good when not in the highest resolution. Paper feeder has fed perfectly without a hitch so far. Software is rather full-featured but I guess that is the standard these days.

Cons: It's pretty loud. I even put it in their quietest mode and it's still noisy. Print speed on full resolution is terrible. No paper catcher tray, just spits papers right out onto your desk.

Other Thoughts: I'd say if noise, the lack of a paper catcher, and slow high-res print speed doesn't bother you, get this printer. It's still a fantastic deal and just putting it one notch below highest resolution yields great quality printing with a much better print speed.

I'm still trying to figure out where I put the paper in this drive!!

Oh, man. The fourth post on the first page from SteveLord made me laugh until it hurt!
For a PowMax power supply:

Pros: ...I could throw it 400 feet into the air it weighs like 1 ounce.

:D

Regarding the PowMax ***asin

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817163027

think it might have turned the fans before dying...

write.gif Reviewed By: Catamount on 6/13/2007 goldegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif n1_tech.gif Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Well, If you're honestly putting one of these into a machine then you must not care about that machine much, therefore when it blows and fries your motherboard you're probably not losing anything important. That's almost a pro...

Cons:
I put one of these into a computer that was by no means power-intensive. When I hit the power switch, the 1 case turned about half a time around and this thing never did anything after. I though I might have had the voltage switch on 230v by mistake, but sure enough upon checking this thing had actually died after less than one and a half seconds of use.

all 4 dead in less than a year

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817163044)

write.gif Reviewed By: on 7/24/2007 n1_tech.gif Tech Level: high - Ownership: more than 1 year Pros: none
Cons: Bought 4 4 died -nuff said

new_egg_review said:
Pros: Doubles as a heating appliance. Makes a great gag gift.

Cons: Burst into flames when I opened the box. It took 3 firetrucks and 2 dalmations to put out the blaze.

Other Thoughts: I should have known better from seeing the picture on the box. They couldn't keep it from combusting long enough to get a good photo of it. Time to RMA this hot tamale!

One of the more recent reviews on the POWMAX Demon.

These all make me lol. :p

My Wife wonder why I read Newegg reviews Daily..
Check out the video card section peeps! ;)
**Pros: Works great in my back-up PC.

Cons: Will not work in my main PC.
There was another review, the egg took the card off the Database.., I believe it was a HIS card smoking catching fire in the machine... Throwing sparks out the back..
As I read these "reviews", I sometimes wonder if "some of these" people even have business plugging a Light Cord into the wall socket.... Much less doing it..
I've had total over 10 years...
count'em 1 RMA and that was a Barton CPU rma'ed too AMD after 2 years..
I bought the "Infamious" coolmax 500W PSU, that after rebates was free.. People scorned me over that purchase..
Well, It's STILL chugging along a year later....
So take these reviews with a grain of salt, though they ARE fun too read! :p

No one posted AS5 yet?

I knew too many of these already...

Pros: AC5 is by far and above the best thermal compound I've ever used. Much better heat transferrence than anything Thermaltake, Zalman, or anyone else puts in with their sinks.

Cons: Mildly conductive, so be careful of those traces. Arctic Ceramique might be safer for applications that are close to circuits, since it's completely non-conductive. Also tastes NASTY.

Other Thoughts: If you are holding the tube between your teeth while working, after you apply the AC5, put the cap back on BEFORE you put it back in your mouth.

Pros: Combined with a Thermaltake hs/fan I got my 2.6c @ 3.3Ghz while staying around 32C.

Cons: It tastes really bad and it does nothing for my contacts.

Pros: Premium Formula. Highest Thermal Conductivity around. Better than OEM paste (as it actually contains silver).

Cons: Doesnt work well with my air conditioner, nor as a salad dressing.

Other Thoughts: Got some on my finger, now my body temperature is 10-15 degrees lower. How do I explain that to my doctor? LESS IS MORE!! USE ONLY TWO RICE SIZED GRAINS (UNCOOKED) WORTH OF ARCTIC SILVER ON THE CENTER OF CPU. SPIN AROUND A FEW TIMES UNILL YOU HAVE A QUARTER SIZED CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE. DONE AND DONE.

Pros: Exceptionally good thermal conductivity -- does its job

Cons: Too thick to spread easily on a Ritz

Pros: lowerd CPU temp 5 degrees, and lowered GPU almost 10 degrees.

Cons: none

Other Thoughts: Other thoughts... hrmmm well its snowing today 03/23/06 in MN.

Here's a great review of Arctic Silver AATA-5G Thermal Epoxy

supersticky
Tech Level: high
Ownership: 1 day to 1 week 12/29/2006 3:51:48 PM
goldegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif Too thick and sticky

Pros: It came with a mixing wand...

Cons: well....you have to mix the two different compounds together really fast before it dries and becomes the super-glue of the next generation. when you mount the processor and the fan together with this thermal compound, they arn't going to come appart.....I ripped my old procesor in two trying to get the fan off of it when I upgraded my processor.

Other Thoughts: If you are looking for extra-strength super glue, you have come to the right place!

It's followed by numerous other reviews by folks who are more than happy to point out to "supersticky" the error of his ways. :bday:

Back