• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hank123, if you're going to post screenshots, please make them a bit higher resolution so we can read them :)

SATA cable madness!
Pros: Long! Out of sheer curiosity I took a tape measure to the two I needed (I bought in bulk because it was cheaper) and found both to be longer than 18"" overall (try nearly 20""). Flexible, bright red, work great.

Cons: Shipping would have been nuts if I wouldn't have ordered 'em with a bunch of other stuff. Doesn't have clips on the ends like those that came with my Mobo, but really, that shouldn't matter, no lil gremlins should be in your case playing with your cables.

Other Thoughts: It may look like a long twizzler.. but it's not for eating... I promptly stuffed the unused cables into my spare parts box before the dog could decide to give them a taste-test.

More SATA cable madness, on the next page.
Pros: It connected my HDD to my motherboard. Red.

Cons: I live in NJ. There is a newegg warehouse in NJ. This cable was shipped from California. How silly.

Other Thoughts: Chuck Norris once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger by yelling "Bang!"

Lol. Smoke, maybe, sparks possibly, I doubt a PSU would actually shoot flames out of the back. If they did you would hear about all the law suits from people who burn down their houses.

You've clearly never owned a Turbolink PSU. I've seen parts stop working or release some smoke, but never before had I seen actual blue flames come out of a computer. They stopped quickly, fortunately, but it can actually happen. Luckily nothing else in my friend's Northwood box died, but I'm still surprised it didn't just smoke and quit working rather than burst into flames.

Lesson being (as we all should know by now) that you don't skimp on the power supply. I've been getting all my friends to buy Seasonic, Corsair, and Silverstone units rather than the Atrix/etc disasters they were looking into originally.

----------

Edit: This is from a "350W" Apex supply:

Pros: Im surprised what this psu is capable of. been running it for only 3hr but it shows no sign of stress.

Cons: small fan makes it a bit hot, but there are ways to deal with it.

Other Thoughts: spec: ASRock P4i65G mATX, P4 2.66ghz, 1.5gb PC2700 KingstonVR, 7600GS 512mb AGP, 80gb Seagate, Sony dual-layer, fdd and 120 exhaust fan. I had my doubts for this psu if it has enough juice. The object now is to keep the case as cool as possible.

Man this $20 PSU sure is great! I just got this today but I've been testing it for a whole 3 hours with no way to tell if it's performing anywhere near spec. and it gets really hot on my low-end setup and it makes noise and now I have to live in a freezer but I sure am glad I spent nothing on it! 5-star review :thup:

----------
From an 8500 Wolfdale review:

Pros: I was wondering if this CPU can be put in to a ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo? N also what's tha best video card to put with this combo?

Cons: None

Other Thoughts: Just a dummy...

HEY THIS IS A FORUM RIGHT??? I'M GOING TO RATE THIS 5 STARS JUST TO BE SURE!!! It's called using google dot com.

I've found the processor reviews by morons and fanboiz to be the most amusing, but you eventually hit a wall at the more expensive processors as most of the people who spend more money on these usually do their research and at least have a clue about what they're reviewing.

Last edited:
It would be nice if Newegg only allowed people who have ordered a certain part from them to review it (once). We'd still get amusing posts, but there wouldn't be so many fake ones or ones where people have confused the reviews for a forum.

Due to high gas prices, it appears that Thermaltake now constructs their cases out of cotton so they don't cost so much to ship. :p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16811133050

AMAZINGLY .................... BAD!

Pros: it has enough holes for the motherboard.

Cons: i think it is made of cotton. i got mad because i died in counter-strike so i kicked it. the side panel fell off and it now has a huge dent on the side. my CPU didnt fit in the case. my temperatures are at 100C. under load they go up to 150C. the noise is very loud, but if you wanna wake up you're neighbors its perfect. in order to go to sleep i have to wear headphones.

Other Thoughts: its amazing, but has its flaws.

It would be nice if Newegg only allowed people who have ordered a certain part from them to review it (once). We'd still get amusing posts, but there wouldn't be so many fake ones or ones where people have confused the reviews for a forum.

Yeah. My blood started a-boilin' when I read a review recently that went something like this, only phrased as if he knew what he was talking about: "I didn't buy this product but I have one with a similar model number and even though the one I have is actually quite different, I think this one stinks because my much lower end version does. Don't buy this! My tech level is high!"

Yeah. My blood started a-boilin' when I read a review recently that went something like this, only phrased as if he knew what he was talking about: "I didn't buy this product but I have one with a similar model number and even though the one I have is actually quite different, I think this one stinks because my much lower end version does. Don't buy this! My tech level is high!"

Hey that was me! :beer:

I usually like to see BS reviews every now and then, especially on a boring and/or depressing day. I do agree on the comments though that are made by people who don't own the product or when somebody makes a review only to say "To the person who said their Q6600 didn't fit on their northbridge slot.......Hope this solves your problem." That annoys me, especially because they're affecting the overall rating of the product by not owning it, yet rating anyway. But I do love it when I see funny reviews, and even stupid reviews are tolerable at times... if they're stupid enough. "I couldn't figure out how to put on the big metal thing so I tried without it and this CPU fried my $6000 motherboard! Intel is trying to make you buy more from them!"

I once mis wired a switch on an old AT power supply from an old Cyrix. Man, that freaked my parents out when I plugged it in. The whole house went dark and the breakers didnt even trip! Anyway got some smoke but no flames. Maybe some day Ill see a nice explosion from the case...

Here is a smart guy....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211188

Pros: GREAT PRICE FOR A GOOD BRAND OF MEMORY

Cons: IF YOU ARE RUNING VISTA 64 BIT MEMORY YOU CAN NOT COMBIME WITH THIS MEMORY SINCE THIS MEMORY BRAND SUPPURTS ONLY 32-BIT BOARDS AND IT INSTALLED IT WIL BE RECOGNIZED ONLY AS 3 GB INSTEAD OF 4GB MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU BUY*

Other Thoughts: WORKS GREAT ON MY NEW COMPUTER ALTOUGH IT DOES NOT SUPPORT 64BIT SYSTEMS

Well, I just ordered 8GB of that memory to use with my yet-to-be-installed Vista64 Ultimate :) Nice timings for 1.8v, and not a bad price.

I havent checked on this thread since my last post....good stuff people!

Here is a smart guy....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211188

Pros: GREAT PRICE FOR A GOOD BRAND OF MEMORY

Cons: IF YOU ARE RUNING VISTA 64 BIT MEMORY YOU CAN NOT COMBIME WITH THIS MEMORY SINCE THIS MEMORY BRAND SUPPURTS ONLY 32-BIT BOARDS AND IT INSTALLED IT WIL BE RECOGNIZED ONLY AS 3 GB INSTEAD OF 4GB MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU BUY*

Other Thoughts: WORKS GREAT ON MY NEW COMPUTER ALTOUGH IT DOES NOT SUPPORT 64BIT SYSTEMS

His tech level is 'somewhat high' and I think that probably describes him perfectly :p

Back