• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The name "AMD INTEL" is funny, but the specs on that CPU are also "funny" :)

Single core, single thread, a whopping single MB of L2 cache, but it supports 1TB of RAM. Even Intel's newest E5 Xeons only support 750GB...

Blue Cold Cathode Light Kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

Pros: About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside
Blue is his house with a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and himself
And everybody around
'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

Cons: I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...
da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die...

da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die... da ba dee da ba die...

Other Thoughts: I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

(side note, forget about using the PCI on and off switch, just unscrew it and zip tie it some where in your rig, The Blue box and easily be popped open using a blade, and zip tied some where in the rig, making sure have some sort of insulation between the chassis and board itself, Also, a black wire loom will hide the white wires. Like everyone else has mentioned. Forget about the velcro that came with the case, Cause Ain't nobody got time fo' that.)

This is quite possibly the best Newegg review I've ever seen, from a kit of ridiculously expensive RAM here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ST0TP9337

Pros: This ram is amazing! I was skipping work to wait for the UPS man when I heard the doorbell. I went to answer the door and it was the UPS man with my ram. Immediately the box opened itself and the ram floated out. It then teleported me to Europa's underwater ocean, which is actually home to the most intelligent species in the universe. They showed me the future and how this RAM is responsible for SKYNET becoming self aware. Upon returning to Earth, I plugged this ram into my computer turning me into Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cons: Doesn't include a Ferrari with every purchase.

Other Thoughts: Visit Europa
Watch the birth of AI
Turn into Arnnie

Sounds like a winner to me

:rofl:

Here's a genius that bought a SAS drive and tried connecting it to his SATA controller.....

Reviewed on December 29, 2013

Pros: High speed, good price

Cons: The drive had this weird, 29 pin connection, so I had to buy a special adapter for it, which ended up not working. Neither the BIOS nor Windows 8.1 recognize the drive, and it didn't spin or vibrate on start up.

Bottom Line: This had a weird connection port on it-- a 29-pin cable was required to attach it correctly. After many failed attempts and hours of troubleshooting, it still didn't work. I bought a new HDD with SATA connections instead, and it worked like a charm.

Reviewer's tech knowledge: Somewhat High Reviewer's ownership: 1 week - 1 month

http://www.neweggbusiness.com/produ...ymark=false&isfeedbacktab=true#scrollFullInfo

If we're gonna post something from Amazon, this one will always be the best:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelmate-Laptop-Steering-Wheel-Desk/dp/B000IZGIA8

Just check the reviews and pictures of the product "in use".

Here is one funny 1-star review:

"Perfect for playing GTA while driving:

I love the design of the overall product. I'm a truck driver by trade. So this product really helps out, i usually can't stop playing grand theft auto 4 when im using this while im driving. I love running over people in the game and then in real life. Unfortunatly that got me fired and sent to prision IM CALLING THE FCC"

WTF?! haha :rofl:

I'm reviving this thread to bring you something not funny, but sad. An example of why you should always actually read a description before buying.

Saw this as a shell shocker: 2.5" external HDD

Only one 3 egg review.

Pros: small , quiet, compact

Cons: isn't powered by an external device needs a computer to run, I bought it thinkiun I could hook it up to me media player but it wont turn it on or run it don't buy unless its for something else

:facepalm:

[TR][TD="class: a-span4 a-align-top quotes-column quotes-column-0"]

[/COLOR]
Most Helpful Customer Reviews

[COLOR=#555555 !important]53,550 of 54,284 people found the following review helpful
No more winning for you, Mr. Banana!
[COLOR=#555555 !important]By SW3K on March 3, 2011[/COLOR]
For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.

Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.

472 Comments Was this review helpful to you?
[COLOR=#555555 !important]31,831 of 32,830 people found the following review helpful[/COLOR]Saved my marriage
[COLOR=#555555 !important]By Mrs Toledo on July 30, 2012[/COLOR]

What can I say about the 571B Banana Slicer that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My husband and I would argue constantly over who had to cut the day's banana slices. It's one of those chores NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and cut these bananas?" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!" These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found the 571B Banana Slicer. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!

107 Comments Was this review helpful to you?
[COLOR=#555555 !important]11,986 of 12,508 people found the following review helpful[/COLOR]Angle is wrong
[COLOR=#555555 !important]By Jim Anderson on August 1, 2012[/COLOR]

I tried the banana slicer and found it unacceptable. As shown in the picture, the slices is curved from left to right. All of my bananas are bent the other way.

239 Comments Was this review helpful to you?
[COLOR=#555555 !important]18,660 of 19,501 people found the following review helpful[/COLOR]GREAT Gift
[COLOR=#555555 !important]By Uncle Pookie on August 3, 2012[/COLOR]

Once I figured out I had to peel the banana before using - it works much better.
Ordering one for my nephew who's in the air force in California. He's been using an old slinky to slice his banana's. He should really enjoy this product!

[/COLOR]

Check out this classic mobo review

Whenever I read reviews, I always come across a few that are completely catastrophic. You know the type, "I'm on my 9th RMA, this company sucks!" I guess it's possible that some of them are legitimate grievances, but I've come to realize that most of them are just complete idiots that broke their products with sheer stupidity, then wrote bad reviews despite having received perfectly fine products.

If you read reviews on any 2011 or 1151 motherboard, you will always encounter half a dozen people that claim they received a mobo with bent pins - when in fact the majority of those idiots bought incompatible chips and tried to force them into the socket, destroying both the chip and the mobo. When I was buying my mobo, I came across a perfect example of such an idiot. I'll copy and paste for convenience:

Samson B.
2/10/2016 6:21:40 PM
This review is from: MSI MSI Gaming Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Literally none.

Cons: I am writing this review for my girlfriend who just bought the bundle for this motherboard, case, power supply, CPU, and ram. All other components aside from this motherboard are quite good. However after I get everything together the monitor doesn't detect a signal. So after looking online for more directions, which are not helpful at all. Then called MSI support who helped narrow down the problem to bent motherboard CPU socket pins, and as soon as I took out everything sure enough, bent pins from the factory. This is really unacceptable, Intel uses their special socket just so you won't bend the pins on install. Never had this problem with AMD mobo/CPU combo. Anyway, because of the fact that the socket pins are bent I doubt newegg will even replace it. So now I have to pay someone to fix the pins cause I cannot manage that myself, and if that's the only thing wrong with it great! If not then I'll need to replace the whole blasted thing and I'll buy and AMD mobo and processor. Last time I ever buy Intel or MSI.

And then the very next review came from his girlfriend:

Melody K.
2/5/2016 6:53:34 PM
This review is from: MSI MSI Gaming Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: This motherboard is fast. It's also easy to upgrade and quiet.

Cons: This motherboard is shipped from the factory with bent pins in the processor socket. It's easy to fix if you know what you're doing. If not, don't mess with it. I had to pay a computer guru to fix the pin problem, which was frustrating considering it's a brand new board.

This board also has compatibility issues. It doesn't fit 115x series processors although it SAYS 115x. It doesn't fit the 1150's but it does fit the 1151. I had to return the processor I bought originally and get an 1151. Thank goodness Newegg was great about the return. Unfortunately, I'm still out $50 to have a computer guy fix the bent pins.

Other Thoughts: I'd still recommend this board. Just Caveat emptor, concerning the issues.

hahaha.... boyfriend: "omg this mobo had bent pins. Intel sucks!" Girlfriend: "it turns out 1150 chips don't fit into 1151 sockets." They both gave 1-star reviews, and an MSI customer service rep responded with apologies. Sadly, idiots like these get refunds for the products they destroyed, which only drives up the prices for everyone else.

Here's a link to the page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...870&cm_re=msi_titanium-_-13-130-870-_-Product

Back