• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need choosing C2d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenshincruise

Registered
Need Help choosing C2d

hi guys, i'm planning to replace (not really upgrade) my e6400 L2, and i'm lookng for a good high multiplier cpu for replacing it on my ds3, .. budget around $150 max $180

choices: e4400, e6320??? any help/opinion/sugestions will be greatly appreciated

thnks,

Last edited:
not sure why you would want to do that but for $186 you can get a E6420 with 4MB cache.

Or better yet if you can wait until July 22nd when prices will drop and you can get the new E6750 which are looking like they will overclock like crazy.

Inte.jpg

well with 180 i would say either the E6780 or E6550. still getting 4mb's of L2 but getting the new G0 stepping which so far looks like the stepping to allow higher ocs.

I'd say wait til next month when the price drop and the new stepping CPU's come out. I'm in the same position, I'd love to replace mine to better suit my board, and will just have to wait for the price drop.

Might need to wait a few months if your planning up going a big upgrade, but going from a 6400 to 4300 just doesn't make a whole lot of sense (in my opinion) unless you're having serious issues with your current 6400... any thoughts on why you would want to head that direction? (Just so I can get a better understanding on what you're thinking).

thnks a lot guys for all the opinions and concern,.. i really apreciate that,...
i think i'm gonna wait til july 22nd,

Back