• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I dare someone to put this in their high perf system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
asusradeon said:
i'd be up for puttin it in my rig, cant be any worse than the one im using..

Actually I used to have an AMD 2400+ and had it oc'ed at 2.2ghz and 133 FSB with 1024mb pc2700 ram and a geforce 6600GT and I had OpenSUSE (older version using GNOME) and Mepis linux on it for a while before the upgrade on my sig.. ran perfectly still have it now using it now as a file server

I'd put that in my rig to power lights and such, I suppose, I mean, geez, it costs less than the lights themselves...

I do like the send it to JonnyGuru idea, that'd be funny...although I wouldn't want him to spend much time on it. You could name it something silly on the box and have him use it as a paperweight or something, maybe we could put a "Thanks from OC Forums, we got you a great PSU!".

On the other hand, maybe this was a great PSU back in the Socket A days ( or before ), and NewEgg's computer system just kept depreciating it, although I highly doubt it. Just a thought, as I'm sure in 10 or so years my 7800GTs will be pretty funny...."High Power Graphics!"...but then we all know that :D

Oh look, with that PSU you can also order "special" fire proof furniture to go with it on their website : http://www.jpaccomputer.com/furnitures.htm

Their cases look like copy cats from other case companies such as Aspire

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811217019

and a review to go with it (about the PSU that comes with it)

Pros: Nice LED's if you're into that, fairly spacious inside, big enough to stuff 4 drives and a BFG 8800.

Cons: Jpac 500W power supply that came with the case promptly exploded the second I launched into 3d video mode. 500 watts is worthless if you only have 4 connectors to run 8 devices... you can only split those so far. No PCI-E power meant 2 of those had to be dedicated to video, and I had to split 4 hard drives, the front LEDs, a CDROM and a DVD Burner on the two others. Slapped a BFG 1KW PS in there, and it screams. :) The case is very flimsy, but you get what you pay for.

Other Thoughts: If you do buy this case, be prepared to buy a seperate power supply... all in all fifty bucks wasn't a bad price considering the nice front panel to monitor your hardware temps.

Last edited:
My brother's old system had an Allied 300W in it for about half a year. It was light as an empty soup can and put out low voltages but the system was totally stable. System was low end by today's standards though -- Athlon XP Palomino 1600+ and overclocked GeForce2 Pro 450. He had me put an Allied 400W in it before giving the system to a friend in need. Amazingly it's still running great today. That was the first computer I ever built. It pleases me to know it still works.

Back