• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Exp with DHL and frys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Very good and on time. Other than UPS.. the person was nice, a female in her 30s and was not afraid to come down my driveway (and my house and yard is kept nice and nothing creepy.. house is only a year old with a nice yard so donno why the UPS guy always throws my packages at the door at the old house beginning of the driveway) Probably because of my orange dog who just barks at strangers) What I ordered was an Antec 900 case and a X-FI sound card both came in in the best condition ever only a few marks on the edges on both boxes but not crushed and banged up like the boxes with the fans and bay controler from UPS. I'm either a few lucky ones or all the hype about DHL being bad is not so true after all.

I've had excellent experiences with DHL also. One time I did get a damaged package(full compaq amd tower) but they compensated me MORE then enough for the damage in under 30 days.

dhl kicks ***..bought 4 dells, dude came put them on the delly and he brought them INSIDE the house almost to my room! not to mention each package looked brand new..dhl is superior to fedex/ups IMO

UPS throws my packages some reason I am sick of it.. Next time I order from newegg I am going to track the guy down and give him a word that my packages are not footballs to be thrown..

Mathersalan said:
UPS throws my packages some reason I am sick of it.. Next time I order from newegg I am going to track the guy down and give him a word that my packages are not footballs to be thrown..

The UPS guy that comes to my work everyday is really nice and I don't think has ever thrown or damaged any packages. If they are damaged it is most likely from the loaders almost never from the driver.

I have received packages via DHL in the past but I cannot bring myself to use them now. I'll try to make this short:

I work for a company that ships hundreds of packages a day via parcel and LTL services. We mainly use FedEx and FedEx freight if we are paying and UPS if it is collect. FedEx customer service wins hands down, no questions asked, but that is another topic. On to DHL.... We shipped an order that consisted of 8 boxes to china. The DHL driver signed for all 8 boxes when he took them away. Well, they delivered 6 boxes. The 2 that were not delivered were valued at $40,000 or so each. This was shipped collect since DHL is not a preferred carrier of ours. Customer initiated a claim with DHL. I am not sure of the details since the claim was on the customers contract and terms but DHL paid them a few hundred dollars for the lost boxes. (we were off the hook for the $$ due to the terms of delivery and it was collect).

Fast forward 2 months........ DHL returns 2 boxes to us since our address was on the label that tells what parts are in the boxes. After 2 minutes of serial number research we determine that these are the missing boxes. I contact DHL for some info about where they found these boxes. They proceed to tell me that they were delivered to a company in North Carolina (one of our customers actually) but were refused. It took 2 months for them to get back to us!

Needless to say we shipped them FedEx International to the customer. They were delivered 2 days later.

No more DHL for me........ NC is no where near China.

Mathersalan said:

Give the UPS terminal near you a call and explain your situation. You never know, your driver may be a problem for them too...........

Back