• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goodbye X-Fi, Hello Xonar.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have been putting off on buying a sound card for a long time. But that Asus card looks like da-Bomb and the review seems really positive! Is this the card that gets around DRM or whatever for backing up your music? I wonder how much more $$$ it will be then an X-Fi?

What ever the cost is, if its better then my M-Audio, then im getting it, im just too anal about sound quality.

Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Might sell my X-Fi XtremeGamer card and upgrade!! Great looking card.

Evil_Eye said:
It's good to see they added in some shielding.

I think I'll keep abreast of developments.

ya thats way cool... first sound card that i have seen that has an EMI shield standard... and a cool loookin one to boot.

dang this thing looks like it could rival or be better than a modded xfi... i just wonder how much its going to cost and when it will be available.

Finally a non creative AND a pcie card all in one, even if it costs more than it should I'll probably end up buying... took my audigy 2 out two months ago and have been using onboard, sure it doesn't sound as good, but a lot less hazard of me kicking the computer because of crashes...

maxio098ui said:
what do you expect this to cost i can imagine i being less than 200 .
and it's not the first card with a emi shielding i think that was the razer barracuda and that card was already 189$
And then you have to add in the 'bling mark-up. Even accounting for the Razer logo premium, I also don't see how ASUS would sell this for less than $200, which is unfortunate.

Back