• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep the new PSU or ditch it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorseal

Today I finally got all my parts, and putting the computer together...

one of the problems that I ran into was that this mobo is a 8 pin CPU connector... I hurried out and got myself a new PSU.

The PSU is a Aero Cool Zerodba 620W. It's pretty nice, but when I came back home I realized that a 4 pin COULD be used for this motherboard, but it is not recommended. Well this PSU was like 130 bux.... I could keep my old one now that I know a 4 pin CPU connector can be used. it was a Antec Basiq 500W.

sooo is this thing worth the 130 bux righ tnow? could be put towards a 8800 or 2 gigs of ram.... or pay bills :p

If i was you I'd use the 8pin psu and save yourself grief down the line. If you decide to use just the 4pin, there's no telling what issues you will run into.

I use 4 pins and I have the same MOBO. I've gotten my CPU up to 3.6 (temp limited suicide run), and my ram overclocks are below. Perhaps if you were using a quad core it would be more important, but I'm sitting fine with 4 pins.

Back