• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K and IDE LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Is anyone having problems getting this to work? I plug it in with the wrong polarity, and the light is constantly on. Then I plug it in properly, and the light just doesn't switch on at all. Is there something that I'm missing?

Nope, mine works OK..
I really like the way Asus does the hook ups from the case to the mobo, using the 1 connector for all the case terminals.

really like the way Asus does the hook ups from the case to the mobo, using the 1 connector for all the case terminals.
Yep me too, so simple but effective. Mine works fine as well.

I had that same issues on my P5LD2, it would just stay on always but weird part when I ran OSX 86 it worked fine, but if was running XP only it would stay solid, new motherboard works fine however doesn't stay on always.. Not really sure what the deal was with the older board, seemed like it wanted to work when it wanted.

Strange. I've resorted to using a program that makes the scroll lock light act as an LED for the HDD :p

UglyChild said:
LED lights have no polarity. You simply have bad connection.

This is not true. LED's have an anode(positive) and a cathode(negative).
Like any other diode, they will allow electricity to flow one way.

Stilletto said:
This is not true. LED's have an anode(positive) and a cathode(negative).
Like any other diode, they will allow electricity to flow one way.

I'm no electrician, but I have to agree. I can't think of one motherboard that I've set up that didn't require you to use the correct polarity for the HDD LED.

Back