• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
meionm said:
In regards to Asus check service and battery life.

Battery life is 3 hours listed, no bad reviews on it so far. Only problem is that I cannot find the laptop on the Asus website, or drivers or support.. wtf is that?

I did find some A7 series in the product list.. Since ASUS A7 Series A7T-X1 does not show up I have found four different things on A7Ts but no X-1

Last edited:
They do seem great.. They look great also. I have two of them one has a 15 inch monitor and is small, lighter with a 120gb HDD and has reviews about it overheating and it costs $1,038 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220156)

and the other one has a 17 inch monitor that weights 9 pounds, bigger HDD @ 160gb, costs $1,098 and the design is different.. not much bad reviews on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220167

I might just go the 1,098

Only problem is that I want to reinstall XP over it... If I do will the recovery CD let me install drivers from it instead of doing a full backup like Toshiba does with their recovery disks?

I wasn't saying there bad, I was saying for the price of tha Asus, he could get a better 15" laptop, ie better processor, same amount of ram, better graphics, higher capacity battery, 7200rpm hard drive

I just customized a Dell.. Came out to 1,349 all I did was add the 8400 and 2gb of ram.. The Intel x1300 are crap..takes 7 days to build and 3 more days to get here.. Thats way over my limit I'll just stick with the Asus and add more ram like a GB stick of ram in it. The 7600 is pretty good for a laptop GPU I know it wont out perform my 7950GT in my rig but it will play CS:S and UT 2004 I'm sure at decent graphic settings. And I am aware its slower than a 7600GS..

Ordering the Asus today and hope it will be here by Tuesday using UPS next day. I can't wait :D

EDIT: ABout the ram, I know its DDR2 667 but is it PC5300 or 5400? ... 5300 is common so I guess thats it?
Because I will be ordering a 1gb stick of ram sometime after I get the laptop..any tips on buying mem for a laptop would be helpful..like brand or w//e

Last edited:
I actually just bought the ASUS A7T-X1. Should be here on Monday, I'm really excited, it looks like a great laptop especiallly for the price.

Lots of accessories like the carry bag and the laptop mouse. And the laptop itself seemed to have alot of features for the price: modem/LAN/WLAN/Bluetooth, 4 speaker audio...not to mention the 256mb GO 7600 should be fairly decent for games.

Also I like how ASUS puts in one 1gb stick instead of two sticks of 512. I picked up some 40 dollar GSKILL (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231069) to meet my 2gb quota.

The extra RAM, laptop, and shipping cost me $1,164.15 total. I can't wait to get it.

I got it two days ago using 1 day shipping. Overall I like it a lot... Its nice the style is great.. Love the 17" glossy WXGA screen.. plays COD2 and brothers in arms atg 1440x900 screen resolution great with high texture settings. Also CS:S with everything on high.. I'm waiting for my 2gb stick of G.Skill to get here tomarrow. I am a bit worried if I open her up in the bottom compartment to install the ram it voids the warranty what if the lan card w/e decides to die in a week and cannot RMA it due to voiding the warrenty?

It comes with its own case and everything inlcuding a built-in webcam and microphone, the power4gear battery feature is very useful....I give it a 8.5 out of 10.......I'll post pics

imgp0628tr0.jpg

imgp0623gk8.jpg

imgp0629bh5.jpg

imgp0624sg8.jpg

imgp0622cb4.jpg

Last edited:
o0o0o, looks niiiice. I can't wait till Monday!!!

As for the RAM is there any way to peal back the seal so that it could be resealed? That would suck if something silly like the NIC stopped working and you would be warrentlyless. This is also a concern for me as I'll be upgrading the ram to 2gb.

Look in my other thread... Its a small compartment under the laptop.. look in the manual that comes with the laptop it points out where you add the ram... take the small compartment face out and there you have a ram slot to add more ram to. The other ram slot where it has the 1gb already installed is under the keyboard under a small chrome metal piece that you unscrew

good luck... I cant wait for my 2gb stick to get here so it can play BF2 w/o freqent pauses and memory lag on high texture detail

Vista is demanding over ram its default services gives you over 53 processes alone.. I tweaked out the services and got rid of usless stuff in the msconfig and got it down to 38 processes

Also try to write a review over on newegg to bring more atten to this baby

Last edited:
DeepSky said:
I actually just bought the ASUS A7T-X1. Should be here on Monday, I'm really excited, it looks like a great laptop especiallly for the price.

Lots of accessories like the carry bag and the laptop mouse. And the laptop itself seemed to have alot of features for the price: modem/LAN/WLAN/Bluetooth, 4 speaker audio...not to mention the 256mb GO 7600 should be fairly decent for games.

Also I like how ASUS puts in one 1gb stick instead of two sticks of 512. I picked up some 40 dollar GSKILL (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231069) to meet my 2gb quota.

The extra RAM, laptop, and shipping cost me $1,164.15 total. I can't wait to get it.

So hows the laptop?

Doa, defect, perfect, its alright, i flicking love ittt?

Ram will be a little hard to push in just push it into the slot with all force until the golden pins are not showing

Back