• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Q6600 question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepy_Steve

When looking at the price drop on the Intel chips... I have to ask myself... can my current motherboard handle a Q6600 or other quad type chip?

I have a P5B Deluxe right now which can push my E6600 up to 3.6ghz if its cold enough. Link to mobo

I see a lot of - what appears to be - the newer P5B series can support quad core, and some with the same NB that I have.
Can this same motherboard push a Q6600?? I don't care if clocks don't go as high. And I don't mind if I need to give it a bios update. I just want to know if it can be done.

GTengineer (and Asus) already gave you your answer. Yes, our board currently supports Q6600 for some time now (with the correct BIOS installed). Just make sure you update to the latest "release" type BIOS (currently 1011) using the old CPU before you upgrade.

FWIW, I have the same mobo and am doing the same upgrade as soon as I can snatch a new G-0 stepping at the lower prices. :D

It's a great mobo for the upgrade...that 8 phase robust power plant will really come in handy OC'ing a 95W Quad! :thup:

~ Strat ~

Back