• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older digital cameras and Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I have a Canon Powershot A20. Canon says that this model is not compatible with Vista (yay, that's the only computer I have right now). I was able to get the drivers to install in XP compatibility mode, but now the camera's not recognized at all...Vista's not seeing anything plugged into USB except my flashdrive. I'm guessing there's something else I need to do to get it to see the camera, but what? Canon's site was no help at all (other than to say "sorry, you need a new camera") :bang head

Dreamstalker said:
Canon's site was no help at all (other than to say "sorry, you need a new camera") :bang head

i think it meant : sorry, you need a new operating system...

EDIT: why not try a knoppix liveCD>import files, write to thumbdrive>reboot.
im sure microsoft intended it that way...

CF card reader is the way to go. I have the A60, and I dont even bother with the software, since I also have a multi-card reader (I have other CF cards, SD cards, and even Memory Stick). The CF card you use with the camera isnt formatted in any special way, so it will be recognized as a removeable drive in Windows in any card reader.

Back