• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

if i'm going to overclock my cd2 , what temp should i stay under? are their tests i can do to push it to the max to make sure that i am still under? i thought to stay under 60c but is that for all? or what is recommended.

From my experience...

C2D's will just freeze/crash when it hits a really hard stone, so if you're worried about damage, don't worry too much... just don't go crazy on the voltages

I've gone high to around 65/66C before my system crashed before, so when I bench, I get it close to 65/66C on 100% load, on 24/7 use, I try to stay 61/62C on 100%load... let's face it, most people don't hit 100% load constantly.

I use Speedfan, Orthos, Prime95 (x 2), CPU-Z, CoreTemp. Since I'm a gamer, I use 3dmark01 SE, 3dmark03, 3dmark05, 3dmark06, Aquamark3. And because I have a ASUS board, I use ASUS AI Booster, PC Probe, nTune. For graphics, I use ATITool (even though I have a 8800gtx), Rivatuner. I also run FEAR 1.07, PCMark, so I can compare my system with systems published in magazines etc.

I could be wrong, but C2D throttles back at 68c.

And its always good to keep it as cool as possible at all times. The cooler it is, the higher you can OC it.

UglyChild said:
I could be wrong, but C2D throttles back at 68c.

And its always good to keep it as cool as possible at all times. The cooler it is, the higher you can OC it.

It only throttles if you have that option enabled in your BIOS (unless your board has it set to enabled all the time. Have a look at my guide on C2D and C2Q overclocking.

I try to keep mine at 65-66 while runnign orthos. This computer pretty much only is used for flight simulation and with FS2004 and FSX the temps don't go above 55 with spikes to 60.

razorseal said:
I try to keep mine at 65-66 while runnign orthos. This computer pretty much only is used for flight simulation and with FS2004 and FSX the temps don't go above 55 with spikes to 60.

Man I need to finish my thesis and get back into those :D. Have you tried X-Plane? not the best graphics but the physics ..... :attn:

Back