• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature Monitor program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myn

Is there a temperature monitor program that shows the cpu temp always on top of what you are doing? ie- I'm playing battlefield 2 and I want to monitor my temp without alt+tab and looking at the tray...

ati tray tools has that lovely feature, but i think you have to have an ati card for it to work properly

With ATi as Mr. mcpott mentioned is Tray Tools. For nVidia there is Riva Tuner. Which will graph many apsects of your machine. Both will monitor and OSD a reading of your choice(s). :D

I think Fraps does it also. I am unsure if it is payware or free to use though. The two mentioned above are free to use.

Fraps only OSDs the FPS.. Riva Tuner rocks :) i use Rivatuner with the Everest plugin to even get more info on the OSD while in games

buy a logitech g15 and use everest...then none of your gaming space is taken up by info
100_1257.jpg

Okay thanks, guys. I'm using Riva Tuner on my ATi x800xl. The statistics server shows the GPU core temp and the fps but not my processor temp... How can I get it to show proc temp?

Added open source Everest.dll plugin. The plugin is able to import any monitoring data sources from Everest software and display them in RivaTuner Statistics Server's On-Screen Display. By default the plugin is configured to import 'CPU temperature', 'CPU fan speed', 'System temperature', 'System fan speed', 'PSU fan speed', 'CPU voltage', 'PSU +3.3V voltage', 'PSU +5V voltage' and 'PSU +12V voltage' data sources, however you can customize the list of imported data sources by editing Everest.cfg file. Please take a note that 'Enable shared memory' option must be ticked in Everest in File \ Preferences \ Hardware monitoring \ External applications tab to allow RivaTuner to import data from it.

From Rivatuner manual.. it works for me :)

1) Install Everest
2) Enable Shared memory in everest
3) Add Everest plugin in Rivatuner ( From the Hardware monitoring Setup window )
and then you'll be able to see new sensors in rivatuner

Okay thanks. That worked although the everest reading idle is 35 and my core temp program reads 28... Thats weird.

Okay but what happens when my 30 day trial of everest runs out? Can I still use the plugin through riva?

Back