• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thumbscrew Thread Size?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

Anyone know offhand what the standard case thumbscrew thread size is? I want to get a tap, but the usual search routes pulled up nill.

#6-32 threads per inch.

Way handy to have around. :thup:

Last edited:
Diggrr said:
#6-32 threads per inch.

That tap is way handy to have around. :thup:

That's what I thought. These Lian Li thumb screws aren't 6-32. Damn non-standard screws, gonna have to go to Plan B and jump in the misc hardware drawer.

Fushyuguru said:
That's what I thought. These Lian Li thumb screws aren't 6-32. Damn non-standard screws, gonna have to go to Plan B and jump in the misc hardware drawer.
Lian Li are most likely 'M3' thread.

I'm pretty certain they're metric as well. I remember building a computer for someone with a Lian-Li and thinking the screws looked different. I have a thread gauge that will do standard threads (no metric) and it didn't fit into any of them.

Mr. Roboto said:
I'm pretty certain they're metric as well. I remember building a computer for someone with a Lian-Li and thinking the screws looked different. I have a thread gauge that will do standard threads (no metric) and it didn't fit into any of them.

Most of my cases have been Lian-Li, I've just never had to tap a hole for the thumbscrews that came with them.

Oh. Yes, LianLi's are an M3...gotta be different than everyone else :D

Of course I guess if I were building cases in China, I wouldn't want to order taps from America for the production line....

Back