Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!

The saga so far:

On June 1, 2007 I ordered a Thermalchill PA 120.3 radiator from www.performance-pcs.com .
    I received the order on the 5th of June opened the radiator it looked fine but there were no ˝” screws
    Included. I emailed prefomance-pcs about they ignored my email.

“Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
    Re:Order Number: 65573
    To: sales@performance-pcs.com

I recieved all items my order, how ever my PA120.3 rad did not come with the mounting screws for the fans. I carefully checked the box and all packages bit there were no screws.

Please advise.”

No biggie I go to my local loews and pick up a package of 6-1 width ˝” length self tapping screws. I put the rad in my loop and begin leak testing. Its leaking like crazy. At this point my experience in water-cooling PCs tells me the rad has a serious hole somewhere. I narrow it down to a couple of holes in the fins using and air compresser and my bathtub.

I emailed performance-pcs on the 7th of June here's their response:

“Leaking where? If you used too long a screws and punctured the rad then
    this
    is not warranteed. These are pressure tested before they are shipped
    from
    thermochill so this is unlikely unless it was damaged with screws.

Performance PC's, Inc.

my reply:

“Its leaking from the radiator fins and not even where the screws would be. As for the screws, I used 6-1 1/2 self taping crews screws which are the same size as the screws that should have been included.( I sent an email that was never answered) I have been watercooling pc's for about 6 years now and well aware of the damage screws could cause to the radiator fins. I am not trying to rip you off for some damage I caused, I just want a produt that works.

Please Advise.

M. Goode”

After that they arrange for an rma:

“OK, no problem. These get RMA’ed with Danger Den. Please ship to this address:

Danger Den, LLC.
    Attn: Debbi/RMA
    41890 Old Highway 30
    Astoria OR, 97103

They will replace a defective rad.

Regards,

Performance PC's, Inc.
    2600 Kirby Cr. NE
    Unit #1
    Palm Bay , FL 32905

Three weeks go by and nothing I sent two emails to Debbie and called dangerden once. Finally I send this email to performance-pcs:
    “ I am trying to asertain the status of my RMA from DangerDen to no avail as I have yet to revieve any correspondence from them despite repeated attemps.
    Since you have a working relationship with them and I orignally bought the product from you I thought you might be able to intervene on my behalf.

Thank you in advance.”

Two days later I get this from Debbie at DangerDen:
    “Hello Mr. Goode
    We received your Thermochill 120.3 Radiator. Upon testing, we find the leak coming from a hole caused by using a self-tapping screw that is too long in mounting the radiator. This is not a manufacturing defect, and as such cannot be warranteed by Danger Den. The screws provided by the manufacturer are approximately ˝” long. In your email you stated that you purchased and used a screw that was 1 ˝” long.
    If you’ll send me your shipping address, I will return the radiator to you.

Best regards,

Debbi Jacobson”

I write back on the 28th of June:

“Miss J.,

Please read my email carefully I did use 1/2 screws they they are from loews and are 6-1 1/2 inch screws. I never recieved any screws with the radiator so I carefully read the instructions and bought 1/2 screws. I have been watercooling PCs for six years and am very careful. What good is your sending me a leaking radiator back? What recourse do I have now or I am just screwed(no pun intended). I am not trying to rip anybody off here. Please advise”

Nothing since then so here it is July,8th I have no rad and am out $135.00! Buyer beware! This is by far the worst online buying experience I have ever had.
    Thanks for listening fellow overclockers
    Benching: 980X

"Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

Ugh, that's pretty screwy man, I hate it when stuff like that happens.
    i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz
    Thermalright Macho 120
    ASRock Z77 Pro4
    8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
    128GB Samsung 830 SSD
    EVGA GTX770 ACX
    EVGA Supernova 750G2
    Corsair 650D

This sucks man. Have you checked them out with BBB? Better Business Bureau? http://www.bbb.org/
    CPU - i7 4790k 4.7 @ 1.25v
    MOBO - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
    RAM - G.SKILL Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    SSD - Samsung Evo 250
    GFX -MSI GTX560 Ti
    SOUND - Realtek Onboard
    MONITOR - Samsung 225bw lcd
    PSU - Corsair RM850
    Cooling - Corsair H100i
    OS - Windows 8.1

I am going to call my credit card company tommorrow and see if I have any buyer protecton coverage seeing as it six weeks and I still dont have what I paid for. At this point it just feels like fraud.

"Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"

She misunderstood 6-1 1/2 inch screws as #6 1-1/2" screws. Without the proper punctuation, it's quite confusing.

As for the rad, good luck.
    [Gigabyte DS3 MB]
    [
    Intel e6420 @ 3.52GHz]
    [
    2GB Mushkin XP2-8500]
    [
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 711/1037]
    [
    WD 36GB Raptor]
    [
    Seagate 7200.10 320GB x 2]
    [
    Corsair HX-520 PSU]
    [
    Mounted inside a bookcase
    ]

That sucks man, this is the first I've heard of Danger Den's customer service and after this point I'm going to seriously consider not buying anything from them unless I see them take some actions to fix their mistake.
    | Rig 1 |
    Silverstone FT03B | AsRock Z77 Pro4-M | 3770K @ 4.2 ghz [CM Hyper212 Evo] | 2x4 G.Skill RipjawsX @ 2133mhz 10-10-10-30 1.6v | HD4890 @ 975/999
    |
    Rig 2 |
    Antec P182 | Gigabyte X58-UD3R | 920 D0@ 4.4 ghz [Venomous X] | 3x1 Corsair XMS @ 1760mhz 8-8-8-24 1.66v | HD3850 [T-rad2 GTX] @ 765/909 stock voltage
    Heatware

I second that.
    X3220 ~ Abit IP35 pro ~ Crucial BL2KIT 2x1g ~ SilverStone ST85ZF Zeus 850W ~ EVGA 8800 Ultra ~ PA120.3 with Fusion CPU block

Heat!!

Call your CC get a charge back its that easy.
    Asus z87-Plus
    4670k @ 4.7 ghz 1.35v 75deg C (water 120.3)
    Gskill Ripjaws (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL) PC-2133 1.6v 11-11-11-30-1T
    Kingston 3x 120Gig SSD
    Evga 670gtx Sc 4gb
    Corsair Tx750 V2

" If that Bong is filled with the right stuff you wouldn't give a damn how much noise the cooling system made lol" ViperJohn

Quote Originally Posted by ||Console||

I would do the same.

I have alway had great service from performance pc's/

Quote Originally Posted by VincentP
    I would do the same.

I have alway had great service from performance pc's/

same here, ive had stellar service from them, however, i havent had a need to return anything as of yet.
    Main Rig: [Silverstone TJ06 painted hammer black] [Intel E6550 3.2 ghz 1.35v ] [4 gigs Gskil] [Asus P5k Premium Wifi/ap] [Soundblaster Audiguy ZS platinum] [ATI 3560 pro] [enhiem 1250 pump, Swiftech Storm, primoflex tubing, mcres micro, maze 4 gpu block][ Windows Vista x64 Ultimate sp1]
    HTPC: [LianLI V300B] [Opty 165 1.88 ghz] [Thermalright XP90] [2 gb OCZ Platinum DDR400] [Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Music] [8600GT Stock] [Windows Vista Home Premium sp1]
    Server: [Rocketfish Tower] [c2d E6600][Scythe Ninja Jr] [4 gigs Gskil ddr2 800][ATI X850XT ] [Windows Vista B]
    Network: Cisco 851W uptime: forever
    Heatware

Quote Originally Posted by ||Console||
    I am working on that now.

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Quote Originally Posted by mgoode
    I am working on that now.
    The card company will ask for proof that you sent the product back. If you don't have it now, then call them back up and get it...and send it priority insured (etc) and get a receipt, show that to your cc company and you can do it.
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Team 32 Folding Member
    Danger Den is pretty bad RMA dept. I would send an email and get a response maybe every other day. I was just trying to get my money back for a failing pump... How hard is it to say "Send it here, ect ect"

Danger Den's shipping dept is awesome, their RMA dept sucks...
    Project Quick Bench
    i7 920 - P6T Deluxe V2 - 6gb XMS3 1600 - 2x GTX 460 1GB in SLI - Corsair AX 850
    HRT Music Streamer Pro > Rockhopper Beta 22 > HiFiMAN HE-500 / Sennheiser HD650
    Heatware

so whats up with your rad mgoode?any luck getting it replaced,or your money back?

I7 2600K-MSI Z68A GD65-MSI GTX 580
    4x4gb Corsair Vengeance-OCZ Agility3 120gb
    WD 320gb-Seasonic X1050,CM HAF-X

DDC-2 w/Bitspower mini tank
    EK Supreme HF
    DD GTX580
    XSPC RX360

HEAT

I sent the bank all the paperwork and am waiting for my credit, then i will wait for Petra to get some in stock.

Got my credit , sent this :
    "Thanks for all your help and excellent customer service(sarcasm). I ordered my radiator on June 1st shipped 2 day air. It's now July 16Th 7 weeks later and I am screwed out of 135.00 and no radiator. Your response time and commitment to the customer was so good I told all my friends in the overclocking community(you know, people like me who buy your radiators for PCs)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=518385

I posted this on all the forums I am a member of in three different languages, if I prevent just one person from having to experience your brand of customer service then it's worth it to me. I hope it was worth it to you, oh right you don't care about your customers. Once again I would like to thank both of your organizations for your complete lack of professionalism in this matter."

Got this back fom Perfomance-PCS :

"Hopefully you also included the part about how you damaged the radiator using too long a screws (we won’t bother to read this). Neither of our companies are here to replace things that you ( the customer) breaks. If that is unprofessional to you then you have a warped sense of the meaning of this word.

Good Day"

Just perfect, at least this time they responded in a timely manner. LOL

Edit-mgoode This reply came from vendor Perfomance-pcs.com
    Last edited by mgoode; 07-17-07 at 01:27 AM.

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    I think that last part was way over the line...but I did get a nice laugh from it...

I still would not have done that, your burned bridges...bad things to do...
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Now that's just bad behavior on both sides of the river.
    Not very active these days. PMs are the best way to reach me.

heatware

Quote Originally Posted by thideras
    I think that last part was way over the line...but I did get a nice laugh from it...

I still would not have done that, your burned bridges...bad things to do...

well said, hope you don't have to replace a danger den part after this i doubt they will serve you on any matter
    Main Rig: [Silverstone TJ06 painted hammer black] [Intel E6550 3.2 ghz 1.35v ] [4 gigs Gskil] [Asus P5k Premium Wifi/ap] [Soundblaster Audiguy ZS platinum] [ATI 3560 pro] [enhiem 1250 pump, Swiftech Storm, primoflex tubing, mcres micro, maze 4 gpu block][ Windows Vista x64 Ultimate sp1]
    HTPC: [LianLI V300B] [Opty 165 1.88 ghz] [Thermalright XP90] [2 gb OCZ Platinum DDR400] [Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Music] [8600GT Stock] [Windows Vista Home Premium sp1]
    Server: [Rocketfish Tower] [c2d E6600][Scythe Ninja Jr] [4 gigs Gskil ddr2 800][ATI X850XT ] [Windows Vista B]
    Network: Cisco 851W uptime: forever
    Heatware

It wil be a cold day in H*ll before any Dangerden part goes in my rig or I order from Perfomance-Pcs. My point was after 7 weeks of blowing me off I got a response in less then an hour after I sent them some hate-mail. I never used any profanity or attacked anyone personally in my email. What would you guys do if you orderd something and 7 weeks later you had no product and no communication?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast