• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

The saga so far:

On June 1, 2007 I ordered a Thermalchill PA 120.3 radiator from www.performance-pcs.com .
I received the order on the 5th of June opened the radiator it looked fine but there were no ½” screws
Included. I emailed prefomance-pcs about they ignored my email.

“Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
Re:Order Number: 65573
To: [email protected]

I recieved all items my order, how ever my PA120.3 rad did not come with the mounting screws for the fans. I carefully checked the box and all packages bit there were no screws.

Please advise.”

No biggie I go to my local loews and pick up a package of 6-1 width ½” length self tapping screws. I put the rad in my loop and begin leak testing. Its leaking like crazy. At this point my experience in water-cooling PCs tells me the rad has a serious hole somewhere. I narrow it down to a couple of holes in the fins using and air compresser and my bathtub.

I emailed performance-pcs on the 7th of June here's their response:

“Leaking where? If you used too long a screws and punctured the rad then
this
is not warranteed. These are pressure tested before they are shipped
from
thermochill so this is unlikely unless it was damaged with screws.

Performance PC's, Inc.

my reply:

“Its leaking from the radiator fins and not even where the screws would be. As for the screws, I used 6-1 1/2 self taping crews screws which are the same size as the screws that should have been included.( I sent an email that was never answered) I have been watercooling pc's for about 6 years now and well aware of the damage screws could cause to the radiator fins. I am not trying to rip you off for some damage I caused, I just want a produt that works.

Please Advise.

M. Goode”

After that they arrange for an rma:

“OK, no problem. These get RMA’ed with Danger Den. Please ship to this address:

Danger Den, LLC.
Attn: Debbi/RMA
41890 Old Highway 30
Astoria OR, 97103

They will replace a defective rad.

Regards,

Performance PC's, Inc.
2600 Kirby Cr. NE
Unit #1
Palm Bay , FL 32905

Three weeks go by and nothing I sent two emails to Debbie and called dangerden once. Finally I send this email to performance-pcs:
“ I am trying to asertain the status of my RMA from DangerDen to no avail as I have yet to revieve any correspondence from them despite repeated attemps.
Since you have a working relationship with them and I orignally bought the product from you I thought you might be able to intervene on my behalf.

Thank you in advance.”

Two days later I get this from Debbie at DangerDen:
“Hello Mr. Goode
We received your Thermochill 120.3 Radiator. Upon testing, we find the leak coming from a hole caused by using a self-tapping screw that is too long in mounting the radiator. This is not a manufacturing defect, and as such cannot be warranteed by Danger Den. The screws provided by the manufacturer are approximately ½” long. In your email you stated that you purchased and used a screw that was 1 ½” long.
If you’ll send me your shipping address, I will return the radiator to you.

Best regards,

Debbi Jacobson”

I write back on the 28th of June:

“Miss J.,

Please read my email carefully I did use 1/2 screws they they are from loews and are 6-1 1/2 inch screws. I never recieved any screws with the radiator so I carefully read the instructions and bought 1/2 screws. I have been watercooling PCs for six years and am very careful. What good is your sending me a leaking radiator back? What recourse do I have now or I am just screwed(no pun intended). I am not trying to rip anybody off here. Please advise”

Nothing since then so here it is July,8th I have no rad and am out $135.00! Buyer beware! This is by far the worst online buying experience I have ever had.
Thanks for listening fellow overclockers

I am going to call my credit card company tommorrow and see if I have any buyer protecton coverage seeing as it six weeks and I still dont have what I paid for. At this point it just feels like fraud.

She misunderstood 6-1 1/2 inch screws as #6 1-1/2" screws. Without the proper punctuation, it's quite confusing.

As for the rad, good luck.

That sucks man, this is the first I've heard of Danger Den's customer service and after this point I'm going to seriously consider not buying anything from them unless I see them take some actions to fix their mistake.

mgoode said:
I am working on that now.
The card company will ask for proof that you sent the product back. If you don't have it now, then call them back up and get it...and send it priority insured (etc) and get a receipt, show that to your cc company and you can do it.

Danger Den is pretty bad RMA dept. I would send an email and get a response maybe every other day. I was just trying to get my money back for a failing pump... How hard is it to say "Send it here, ect ect"

Danger Den's shipping dept is awesome, their RMA dept sucks...

so whats up with your rad mgoode?any luck getting it replaced,or your money back?

I sent the bank all the paperwork and am waiting for my credit, then i will wait for Petra to get some in stock.

Got my credit , sent this :
"Thanks for all your help and excellent customer service(sarcasm). I ordered my radiator on June 1st shipped 2 day air. It's now July 16Th 7 weeks later and I am screwed out of 135.00 and no radiator. Your response time and commitment to the customer was so good I told all my friends in the overclocking community(you know, people like me who buy your radiators for PCs)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=518385

I posted this on all the forums I am a member of in three different languages, if I prevent just one person from having to experience your brand of customer service then it's worth it to me. I hope it was worth it to you, oh right you don't care about your customers. Once again I would like to thank both of your organizations for your complete lack of professionalism in this matter."

Got this back fom Perfomance-PCS :

"Hopefully you also included the part about how you damaged the radiator using too long a screws (we won’t bother to read this). Neither of our companies are here to replace things that you ( the customer) breaks. If that is unprofessional to you then you have a warped sense of the meaning of this word.

Good Day"

Just perfect, at least this time they responded in a timely manner. LOL

Edit-mgoode This reply came from vendor Perfomance-pcs.com

Last edited:
I think that last part was way over the line...but I did get a nice laugh from it...

I still would not have done that, your burned bridges...bad things to do...:beer:

thideras said:
I think that last part was way over the line...but I did get a nice laugh from it...

I still would not have done that, your burned bridges...bad things to do...:beer:

well said, hope you don't have to replace a danger den part after this :( i doubt they will serve you on any matter

It wil be a cold day in H*ll before any Dangerden part goes in my rig or I order from Perfomance-Pcs. My point was after 7 weeks of blowing me off I got a response in less then an hour after I sent them some hate-mail. I never used any profanity or attacked anyone personally in my email. What would you guys do if you orderd something and 7 weeks later you had no product and no communication?

Back