• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need e6300 board recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I was buying parts for my next rig some months ago, and I got sidetracked with other stuff. What I have so far is an e6300 and a tuniq tower 120 cooler. That's it-I have not bought a board, memory, video card, etc. I had picked out a board that I wanted back then, but I see now that the situation has changed regarding the best board for overclocking. I intend to crank the hell out of the fsb to get the 6300 revved up pretty high. I'll do some gaming, and I want to use the intel matrix raid. With that stuff in mind, what's the current opinion on a good board? Any new chipsets coming soon that I should wait for?

Well, I don't have a specific limit in mind. I want something I can really crank the fsb speed up on, that has matrix raid, and supporting both crossfire and sli would be a nice (not necessary) bonus.

x38 is comming soon and it is gonna good from what ppl are saying.
I just got this P5K must say I love it. I have seen good things from the Abit p35 MB as well it has higher voltages . Do you plan on sli ? or corss fire ?

The balistix 8000's are very nice . Good price and Kick *** speeds . How long Do you plan on keeping this setup ?

BTW Quads are droping in price very soon (266$) very temping .

Edit- you beat me to some of the questions. =)

You kinda have to Pick SLI or CF . NV chipsets are the only option for SLI .

I plan on keeping it a long time. For reference, my current system is an athlon xp2500 setup. I don't know about sli or crossfire, but I'd like to have the option if I ever did decide to do that.

then wait for X38 or choose sli or cf. as currently SLI is the way to go since the top of the line ati card X2xxx was about 8800gts 320/640 level.

Back