• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help oc ocz pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enhanced

i need some help finding the max oc of my ram so i can oc my cpu. i have a 4800+ X2 on a dfi lanparty 3200cfx board with 2 (2x1GB) of OCZ performance series pc3200 ram. the sticks are NOT a matched pair, i just got the second stick today.

i read that you can "burn in" the ram by starving it of voltage or something, how do you do this? whats a safe vdimm to run this ram at? stock is 2.6v, my board allows voltages up to 4.2 or so, so i have lots of room to play.

i have the cpu multiplier dropped right now so its running under stock speeds and the fsb at 215mhz with a 1:1 ratio. vdimm is at 2.76v and i just started running memtest86+.

so.... whats the max vdimm i should use? how do i burn in the ram? will thi shelp any? what do you think is possible with this ram?

thanks!

Well, I think your ram chips are TCC5

TCC5 - This is a newer revision of the “TCC” series from Samsung. It is superior to the TCC4 in every way. It is commonly found on PC3700 offerings, and offers pretty good overclockability. This ram is rated to run at 233 MHz, so it already starts out higher than the TCC4 can usually clock to. Timings are very respectable at cas2.5-3-3-X depending on the manufacturer. This ram can be overclocked to reach 250 MHz sometimes, if the latencies are increased to cas3-4-4-X. Once again, extreme voltages do not aide in overclocking attempts. This ram is still not as common as the TCCC or the Hynix D43, but can usually found on the used market for a great price. Not a bad choice at all for either Intel or AMD systems, as it can offer good timings at 200 MHz or higher front side bus options. Not the most versatile ram, but certainly better than a lot of other offerings. If you can get your hands on this stuff, it would not make a bad choice, but it is out of production. Update on TCC5 - It looks like some of the newer revision TCC5 is capable of 2-2-2 timings at pc3200. This revision of the TCC5 can be found in Mushkin PC3200 Level 2 V2/V3, as well as OCZ PC3200 Platinum rev. 2. It can clock very high as well. Users of this ram have reported it can run 260mhz at 2.5-3-3 with very little voltage. Not a bad choice at all if you cannot get your hands on TCCD. Also, TCC5 uses the exact same die as TCCD, but it is binned at a lower speed. This doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the newer revision "F" chips.

From Ninja of OCF

it says

Infineon
HYB25D512800BE-5
SUU12331

the other module is:

OCZ
X4E510840N-50
0726R
07110R4F1

the part number on each is: OCZ4001024PF if that mean anything

so, the one module is Infineon BE-5?? if so then i found this: "Infineon BE-5 chips can run up to 260 MHz using a low operating voltage." which is a good thing, but i cant find anything on the other module.

In response to post #2...TCC(x) will never be found in 1GB sticks. It was not produced in a high enough density chip required to make a gig module. It is only found in single-sided 256MB and double-sided 512MB sticks.

With respect to the second stick...the only suggestion I could make would be to contact an OCZ rep and see if they can identify it.

The only chips that I remember (of the top of my head) being used for 1 gig sticks around that time were Micron (5B-D and 5B-G), Infineon (BE-5, BE-6 and CE-5) and Samsung (UCCC).

yeah, i realize that this inst exactly new hardware anymore.... thats why i was asking. i'll probably endup just seeing where i can go, 3.2vdimm will probably be the max i push them to....

this system will eventually endup as my HTPC/Server and when that happens i'll probably lower the clocks on it some for stability and noise reasons then build myself a new computer...

thanks

Back