• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercool setup to fit in my Antec SLK3700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

I'm looking to watercool my system...no oc'ing, just want a quiet setup. It's an Athlon 64 3200+ so I don't think it needs anything very powerful to keep it cool enough. I don't need to watercool the video card.

Here's the inside of the case:
SLK3700AMB_inside.jpg

Dimensions: 18.3"(H) x 8.25"(W) x 18.6"(D)

Is this case big enough to have the entire watercooling system within it? There's only 1 hard drive and 1 dvd-rw if that matters as well

Budget is $100, but I can stretch it if needed. I will pay more to keep it quiet.

I would say it depends on what system you decide to go with. I would save your money since you don't want to OC. Get your self some Thermal take Smart fans for 15 each 120mm, and but a good CPU cooler and put another smart fan on it. Also, you can sound dampen the inside of the case. That will make an amazing difference.

Yes, I have the same case and put a WC system in it. The only problem I had was the pump interfered with taking the video card in and out. Had to shoehorn it in.

Long as you dont have to take the vid card out a lot its fine. I had the rad attached to the back of the case where the 120mm fan is though, then had the pump on the bottom near the back of the case.

I also saw someone put the radiator on the far side of the drive cage and had cut the side panel to allow air in. Putting the rad in that case will be difficult, but putting the rad in most cases is difficult and requires removing the drive cage usually

Wizzard005 said:
I would say it depends on what system you decide to go with. I would save your money since you don't want to OC. Get your self some Thermal take Smart fans for 15 each 120mm, and but a good CPU cooler and put another smart fan on it. Also, you can sound dampen the inside of the case. That will make an amazing difference.
hmmm you bring up a good idea...deadening. Do you think a single 120mm smart fan will provide enough air flow for the setup? What HSF would you recommend?

CGR said:
Yes, I have the same case and put a WC system in it. The only problem I had was the pump interfered with taking the video card in and out. Had to shoehorn it in.

Long as you dont have to take the vid card out a lot its fine. I had the rad attached to the back of the case where the 120mm fan is though, then had the pump on the bottom near the back of the case.

I also saw someone put the radiator on the far side of the drive cage and had cut the side panel to allow air in. Putting the rad in that case will be difficult, but putting the rad in most cases is difficult and requires removing the drive cage usually
Well the video card is a Geforce 6200...this is obviously not a gaming PC.

If you have time, could you take some pics of your setup? I'ld love to see what you've done...and a parts list would be cool too

Here's a general watercooling question...how much maintenance does it need? As in...1 thing a week? 1 thing a month? etc

Back