• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you convert Win95 files to Win2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eliminator

Just curious.

The reason is that I can't seem to duel boot my system. I have 2 hdd's, 1 with 2k and the other with 95. My Win95 hdd came from another comp and I'm trying to use it with my new system that I built. I'm able to boot into Win2k just fine, and I'm able to see my Win95 hdd. My problem is, if I try to boot off my Win95 first, I get an error saying that I'm missing something like a kernel...I forget what it is. I need to double check. I get the same error when booting only from the Win95 hdd and no other hdd's connected.

Is this common? Maybe my jumpers are incorrect?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

you cannot just slave your 95 HDD into system and get a dual boot config. what do you want to do keep win 95 and 2k? or do you want to go all 2k, and do you want to keep the data on the 95 disk, cause you do not need to convert, you only need to click, and or drag and drop(before u format) Also, what do you mean being able to see your 95 drive, in bios, or is it showing up from 2k? you have a lot of options but what is it u want to do?

Sorry for not being so clear.

I would like to keep both 95 and 2k.

What I ment by being able to see my Win95 hdd is that, I can see all my files on the secondary 95 hdd, but I can't run all my programs.

Last edited:
OK, HERE WE GO. 1ST, type ntbackup in your start/run box. follow the prompts and make a Emergency Recovery Disk(ERD), with the regestry box checked, this takes 1 floppy.(these are to have Justincase) because y are messing with your system stuff

then try this, which may or may not fix it:
boot to your 2kcd or 2kboot disks, and gointo the repair(R) option and choose to repair the NT boot sector only repair nothin else
then reboot, this is the 1st setep which might just fix it for u there are more ways to try if necessary

Back