• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR III..whats so great about it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

So I was looking through memory on newegg and ran across DDR3 chips..Wow I thought DDR3 would be out around the time AM3 is out. So there are motherboards that support ddr3 now..

Anyone here have DDR3 ram'; Is it much improved than ddr2?

Its like $400 for 2 GB's :drool:

The p5k3 will run DDR3 ram , I havent done any reading on it but I remember seeing a Thread on XS about it . ( and this was a while ago ) but they were getting better BW with the DDR3 even @ much higher timmings .

To me now is the time time to buy DDR2 the prices are rock bottom , we are getting 2gig kits for less tahn half of what ppl were paying a few months ago .

||Console|| said:
The p5k3 will run DDR3 ram , I havent done any reading on it but I remember seeing a Thread on XS about it . ( and this was a while ago ) but they were getting better BW with the DDR3 even @ much higher timmings .

To me now is the time time to buy DDR2 the prices are rock bottom , we are getting 2gig kits for less tahn half of what ppl were paying a few months ago .
even getting 2 2gig kits for half the price of 2gig ddr3, hmm i wonder what ddr-6 is gonna be like.

Back in Jan 07 when my rig was built my ram (in sig) cost about $289 and now its $139...Wow if I waited to build my setup a month ago I would have enough to buy an 88800GTX at least

Sad enough I cannot get it to go to 1k freq...(nb needs correct timings?)

Mathersalan said:
Back in Jan 07 when my rig was built my ram (in sig) cost about $289 and now its $139...

same here my ram was almost x2 as much couple months ago, now i can get 4gigs for $200

Back