• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC MX-2 Paste outperforms AS-5.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eclectic said:
Im just about all out of AS5. Anyone know where I can get some MX-2 ordered today in the UK?!

Erm read the full topic did we, Not! read and you shall find, hint look up^

I emailed Arctic Cooling over the weekend inquiring the availability of MX-2 for
online US retailers.

I received the response today.

It will be available "within 2 weeks @ newegg and ewiz" .

figures that India of all places would get it before we do :-/
Maybe the resellers/distributors here just aren't trying hard enough..

shirker said:
figures that India of all places would get it before we do :-/
Maybe the resellers/distributors here just aren't trying hard enough..

on top of that the importer is a pop and mom store. Took them around 2 weeks to get the whole deal thru from first contact to receiving the MX-2.

UglyChild said:
The Swiss cooling solution provider - Arctic Cooling has launched a new high performance MX-2 thermal compound for the enthusiast. Turbo MX-2 is a high conductive and low resistance compound for components that require the best thermal dissipation. MX-2 is ideally suited for use in CPU, GPU cooling and other applications between power semiconductor components and heat sinks where high thermal conductivity is critical.

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3568/39/

as5zz4.jpg

mx2pr4.jpg

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/further_prod2.php?idx=140

mx2Chart_480.png

Interesting results, however are the temps of artic silver 5 results from a freshly applied paste or after it has burned in?

The first hours we just ran some normal applications, which we consider as a normal operation and usage. After that we started to stress the CPU to a maximum which was accomplished by using decryption software, namely RC5-72/OGRp2 Distributed Client. This will stress the CPU and keep it running at full load while the program is running. After some hours we noticed that the temperature would become stable and that is what we used as reference to compare the performance and efficiency of the thermal compound.

take wat u will :/

Back