• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha sucker ;) J/K Good buy you'll enjoy it make sure to install the latest drivers of course.

Get some H2O on that and it will be ALOT cooler and more OC friendly as well.

Yeah thanks. You guys got me addicted to upgrading and overclocking, I'm so telling my therapist....JK What are the latest drivers for those cards?

Nice, thanks. I am also planning to put this beast on water as soon as I get it but I want some raw numbers on air just to compare. :beer:

Mine lasted a week on air before i converted my whole system to water. Its not that horribly loud and it did get nice results on air but water made it so much cooler :)

I did the same with my current 1900XT and I really didn't care for the air temps especially OCd. If I remember, this card hit around 95-104* F while under load and ever since I have had it on water, it never went above 60*F under load. Thats a huge difference and this was while I OC'd the crap out of it. So I will definately have the 2900 on water. Did you encounter any issues with water blocks fitting? I do have a DD Maze 4 that I am using currently (my sig is outdated) and I want to re-use it obviously.

deathman20 said:
Haha sucker ;) J/K Good buy you'll enjoy it make sure to install the latest drivers of course.

Get some H2O on that and it will be ALOT cooler and more OC friendly as well.

You forgot to mention quieter! :)

The 8800 series are silent of course, but with my air conditioner on... I can't here ANYTHING coming from my computer!

It will be here on Friday and I am going to bench it just for some easy comparing while its stock settings on air. Then the fun will start. :beer:

Back