• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did something stupid again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

Long story short - My computer now runs with a 800x600 res and 4 bit colour.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ex5uo0

This happened when I was turning my computer off two days ago, and I accidently killed the nVidia display driver in Process Explorer. When I turned my machine back on, it looked like this and still does.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, and even updating them but it still doesn't work.

I've checked msconfig and the correct box is checked for the driver.

Not sure how to proceed, any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT number 2: After a restart, the problem has come back again

Last edited:
Nope I don't have it. Is it possible to get a free trial of it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the drivercleaner links. When I looked it said I had to pay for it =\

Anyway, I tried using it and it didn't work. Same with system restore. This is getting rather annoying now

White_Pawn said:
ehhh. fresh install of xp?

You might have to remove the current video card, use a back-up video card to reinstall XP, then after the install swap video cards and reinstall the new VC drivers. I had to do this a few times on other machines to get the video display to work properly.

Actually, this gives me a good excuse to finally reinstall XP. I'll try what you said Nebulous.

Thanks people.

Back