• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I like my 2900 so far...first benches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I benched my Sapphire 2900XT using 3DMark06 and I simply installed the card and just left it at the stock settings with the stock air cooler. I also run Vista Ultimate x64 and used the Cat 7.7 drivers. I set 3DMark06 on default for the test settings and I am only running a 520W PSU. This is how it went....

3DMark Score 10926 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 4575 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 5121 Marks

CPU Score 2805 Marks

4vd4k0n.jpg
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2499103

I did't think it was too bad for its first run considering that this was an older Vista install and my HD is pretty cluttered. . Almost 11K isn't half bad at all. I definately don't regret getting this card and I see a lot of potential in it when I put it on water and play with ATI tool. I will also upgrade the PSU next to at least a decent 650W.

Last edited:
Did anyone else have problems with Aquamark? I cannot get it to load or even run. I think it might be a compatibility issue with Vista x64. Well I am thinking about some other "real world" benches. I do have quite a few games and I think I will start benching them as soon as I finish installing them. I was thinking of checking FPS in FarCry, BF2, BF2142, Doom 3, Fear, and whatever else I can find.

Vento1 said:
Nice score, this card does well with the stock cooling.

The card does well with synthetic benchmarks is more like it.

let us know the real ones and how the heat is

Not a problem, I will try to get temps as soon as I have a way to monitor them. I started to play with BF2 last night and got some really decent frame rates. I basically maxed out the settings in BF2 and went from there with the highest resolution that my monitor would support. The FPS stayed at around 100 and I will post the screens as soon as I get back home. I will also need another version of ATI tool because the 27B does not let me do much and doesn't even show the freq for either the core or ram. To be continued...

I'm using ATItool version 27 beta 2 and it works (if you set the frequencies first before setting fan and/or voltage).

I am in the process of installing a bunch of games so that I can bench this card with 'real world' performance. I just tested FEAR at max settings and this is what I got....

5z1jdky.jpg

metloaf said:
I am in the process of installing a bunch of games so that I can bench this card with 'real world' performance. I just tested FEAR at max settings and this is what I got....

5z1jdky.jpg
What resolution?

I am glad that you asked the resolution question because I didn't realize that the default res for the game was at 1024x768 until I checked.....so here are the results for the max settings....at 1680x1050

681h8om.jpg

4xo5kdz.jpg

i wanted to download the 3dmark06 to see how the 2900 did with an amd cpu, but the damned software wouldn't download. :bang head

not sure where i tried it from; but i'll try that now. TY!

edit: don't know why i'm so happy. everything i've read says my amd x2 4400 is an inferior cpu. :( i'd like to know how close it is though. (no overclock so far)

The card is HEAVILY CPU reliant. Each increase in overclock exponentially increases framerates and results.

I'll be glad to post differences between 1.6ghz->3.2ghz in increments later today.

vixro said:
The card is HEAVILY CPU reliant. Each increase in overclock exponentially increases framerates and results.

I'll be glad to post differences between 1.6ghz->3.2ghz in increments later today.

Please do :)

Back