• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Big Typhoon good enough for E2160 OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Tested: TT Big Typhoon good enough for E2160 OC?

Just wondering if the TT BT with Yate Loon D12SL-12 would be good enough for a decent overclock on the E2160? Or is the AC Freezer 7 better?

I have used this TT BT on my 630 overclocked and it did very well. Same with the X2. Does the E2160 run that hot overclocked?

Last edited:
i think you will be ok. im running prime v25.3 at 440x8 4:5 with 1.485 on the cpu, and its sitting at 55-57c as we speak. well ok, 58-59c on the hot parts, im running blend right now.. :D

thats good to know freeagent, cause i have a E6600 on order (its been almost 2 months! Zomg!) which i intend to top with my TTBT, and i have a high cfm delta on top of mine. it keeps my 2.8ghz opty at 37ish loaded (its cold here atm). idles at just about ambient

Yes you should be fine. The BT is still up there with the top coolers...it's just not THE top nowadays with the big fatty Ultra 120 Extremes and such.

Goodluck and post the results when they come in!

oh yeah, its a good cooler for sure, im still useing the stock fan lol, but i should get a better one. it just takes a lil finesse to get the mount right, and then clamp it down nice and tight, like about as tight as shell go by hand. (medium hand, not large, or xxl ;) )

Back