• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easy reinstall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfodda

I'm looking for an easy way to fresh reinstall my OS. It runs on C, and 99% of everything else is on D. Actually, the OS isn't the hard part. It's everything else. Can I just format/reinstall and pull the registry from a ghost? Or is there any other way to keep from losing everything? TIA

What's wrong? What don't you want to lose?

Because you can't reformat and reinstall everything... Since all your needed files are on D: correct?

I got this program called "Ghost" from Norton with my mobo...

I have not used it, but I think that would be a good solution for you.

tsunami: most needed files are on D, correct. But reinstalling doesn't just find them and enter them into the registry... never before anyway. :)

flounder: I use Ghost for backups (and love it). But I'm talking about a totally fresh OS install without the hassle of a full program install.

Any ideas?

Ick.. I don't know of anything that would do that. You would have to also worry about installed DLLs on the C drive. I don't think there is any way of doing it without the pain of a reinstall.

JigPu

Back