• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Good Gaming Headset!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oxalic32

A headset just means headphones that have an attached microphone. Can anyone recommend a headset? Looking for the $25-60 price range. Microphone is a must! I had a pair of Altec Lansings they were nice, but they broke and the design looks flawed. I need a reliable pair, not anything flimsy! They must sound pretty good as well, and must be comfortable which is the most important id say.

if you could increase your pricerange to $100 you could get a pair of Audiotechnica A500's and a Zalman clip on mic and it will pwn any so-called gaming headset on the market

I like my sennheiser PC-150. Has pillows (soft ones, not plastic coated) that make it comfortable to wear, and has a great sound with my x-fi. I highly recommend it.

CGR said:
This is what I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106069

They have served me well so far. Use them all the time when playing WOW and have also used them in CSS.

Only complaint I have is when I have had them on my head for a really long time, my ears get sore. However its usually over four hours of using them.

I was actually looking at these. Do they feel cheap or flimsy?

smokie mcpott said:

I would also consider those. How long have they lasted?

soloz2 said:
if you could increase your pricerange to $100 you could get a pair of Audiotechnica A500's and a Zalman clip on mic and it will pwn any so-called gaming headset on the market

I'm not looking to PWN my wallet.

I have a pair of Icemat Serbias that i've been using for a while now. Not only is the mic great, they make a decent set of headphones as well.

I got them for like 10 bucks AR on that crazy buy.com deal back in December.

I had a Plantronics headset years ago, and I'm not sure if they've gotten better or not but they were absolute garbage. I can't remember what type they were other than that they were usb. I'd get a crackling sound coming from them. Since then I've stuck with Sennheiser and haven't been disappointed since. Those pc-150's are your best bet.

I would also consider those. How long have they lasted?[/QUOTE]

The 150's have lasted the longest than any other headset I've had. I had to buy new logitech ones every 3 months because one earpiece would die, but not with these yet *knocks on wood*. I love them.

Oxalic32 said:
I was actually looking at these. Do they feel cheap or flimsy?

I would also consider those. How long have they lasted?

I'm not looking to PWN my wallet.

You call that PWNing your wallet LOL, My headphones where $300 and my amp was $300 LOL.

Hey_Its_Cole said:
You call that PWNing your wallet LOL, My headphones where $300 and my amp was $300 LOL.

I have a $700 SinglePower PPX3, and about another $100 in tubes for it. I'm running that to my HD580's w/ HD600 grills and depending on what cable I use for it those are about another $300-400 :D

well as long as I'm at it...
I also have:
cans:
Grado SR 225
AKG k171s
Beyer DT770 Pro/80 (soon to have leather pads!)
amps:
maxed PIMETA that has about $200 into it
soon will have millet hybrid max, maxed
and soon will have meier move (as soon as I sell my C&c Box v2)
Marantz 1030 integrated
sources:
X-Fi elite pro
Beresford tc7150 DAC, will sell soon
Zhaolu 1.3 (modded)
Marantz cd5001
artison audio rd11 E TT

while not all high dollar items, they all work well, all get their own power conditioning... and are treated w/ pure solid silver ICs :D

Hey_Its_Cole said:
soloz2 said:
Your loss

Well what you need to consider is how long i will actually be using these. I've become a casual gamer. I used to buy $100 headphones and use them all day. But i no longer sit at a computer so long, i get outside, and spend money on thinks like bikes, skates, weightlifting equipment and other more physical things like hockey equipment. I'm looking for a decent set i will use occasionally. I won't spend $100 for a headset unless i plan on sitting at a desk my whole summer.

Oxalic32 said:
Well what you need to consider is how long i will actually be using these. I've become a casual gamer. I used to buy $100 headphones and use them all day. But i no longer sit at a computer so long, i get outside, and spend money on thinks like bikes, skates, weightlifting equipment and other more physical things like hockey equipment. I'm looking for a decent set i will use occasionally. I won't spend $100 for a headset unless i plan on sitting at a desk my whole summer.

it's all priorities. I'd still spend $100+ for a good gaming headset :attn:

Oxalic32 said:

The Plantronics ones I use are not flimsy to me.

Also.. why on earth would you want to go outside? The WOW world is all you need ;)

CGR said:
The Plantronics ones I use are not flimsy to me.

Also.. why on earth would you want to go outside? The WOW world is all you need ;)

rofl

I also meant to say earlier but forgot... I have yet to find a sub $100 headset that can withstand the tortures of a LAN party. They just aren't made as well. They don't sound as good either. if you skimp on your headset/headphones you're only shortchanging yourself

Back