• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diff between P5K Deluxe/WiFi & P5KE-WiFi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hi all

Just about to pull the triger on my 1st P5K board (and a Q6600) and can't for the life of me understand why the P5KE is around $100 cheaper for only having 1 x RJ45 port.

Hoping someone might have some knowledge, esp as to the overclockability of the P5KE version, as if that's the only difference (aside of 2 x less SATA cables and some Software), then I'm in!

Asus comparison is here... http://www.asus.co.nz/products_compare_show.aspx?array_model=1646,1655&l1=3

Thanks

The E version, doesnt have the top mosftet heatsink, and no cooling pipe for the South Bridge. And i think its only 5 phase power, vs 8phase.

UglyChild said:
The E version, doesnt have the top mosftet heatsink, and no cooling pipe for the South Bridge. And i think its only 5 phase power, vs 8phase.

Thanks for that... I am picking the 5-phase power would be the biggest concern with overclocking stability, so will most likely go with the Deluxe, which I have found around only NZ$75 dearer than the E anyway.

Back