• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find green vinyl dye.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sephis

I need a can of green vinyl dye to mod my cm ammo. I have looked around on the internet, but I cannot find a manufacturer that makes green vinyl dye. I usually use Duplicolor and VHT dyes, but I know for a fact that niether of them makes a green vinyl dye. So, can anyone help an overclocker out?

For plastics, I like to use vinyl dye or fusion. Vinyl dye gives a nice matte texture, which is kinda what I'm trying to get. Fusion would work, but I don't want a shiny smooth finish.

I found a couple other places with "green" vinyl dye, but they all seem to be light green or aqua colors. I was kinda hoping for a dark olive green. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use the krylon fusion.

Not meaning to threadjack, but this seems like a good place to ask. Regarding vinyl dye, I have found some gears that I would like to play around with and put inside a PC for decorative purposes. Unfortunately, they are plastic and black and I need them to be brass looking. Would the Fusion mentioned above give that sort of look ya think? Maybe a shiny, coppery, brassy type of look?

DorianBrytestar said:
Not meaning to threadjack, but this seems like a good place to ask. Regarding vinyl dye, I have found some gears that I would like to play around with and put inside a PC for decorative purposes. Unfortunately, they are plastic and black and I need them to be brass looking. Would the Fusion mentioned above give that sort of look ya think? Maybe a shiny, coppery, brassy type of look?

There are several different kinds of Krylon Fusion. They have a couple of different types of metallic paints that should give you what your looking for. Are you the guy doing the steampunk gears mod? If so, you might consider the fusion hammered finish. It would make your gears appear hand forged.

CHeck out the fusion section of krylon's site here.

Yep, that's me (Well, still trying to get the thing off the ground)

I've seen those paints at Home depot and will pick one up tonight to test out. My biggest concern is the dye rubbing off of the teeth since they will be rubbing against each other.

Back