• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best laptop coooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

I have a new well kinda old Toshiba Satellite P105 which is my dads who uses it over in Iraq. The laptop has a big 7900GS and a 7200 C2D @ 2ghz and this thing gets REALLY HOT. Hes back now gave it to me to work on claiming that the machine would produce sgiggly colorful lines all over the screen and it would fash black and white while he is doing MS word or just checking email and doing CAD work, watching HD and DVD movies on it. I emdiatly took it and knew what it was..artifacting..Stated noticing it a month ago and thought it was a virus (LOL).

I downloaded Rivatuner...and behold! 107*C idle and 80*C ram temperature. WOW! This thing is either clogged with dust from it being in Iraq or the heat from over there damaged it. I have no other choise but buy a good cooler.. I don't care if its $50. Once I find the air chuck that blows air for my air compressor I will be cleaning it out.

Since this laptop is not even a year old and the box and some manuals that came with it have been thrown away can it still be RMA'd by Toshiba?

If not what do yall suggest for a GOOD laptop cooler with at least 2 or more fans at high speed to cool this sucker down. The laptop has a 17 inch monitor

I would definitely recommend the Zalman ZM-NC1000 because it actually spread the air evenly across the whole bottom area of the laptop and it maintains a low operating noise with good airflow.

I did have the popular Bytec Aluminum notebook cooler, but it wasn't too effective compared to this one and was quite noisy.

So, go for the Zalman, its well built and works extremely well!

Back