• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pretty neat....super mini PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Exactly, the possibilites are endless with something that size, and I'm sure they will shrink them down a bit more. I remember the first generation palm tops and they had a lot of limitations.:p

Not just shrink them but hopefully also raise the cpu speed. But 1ghz is good for some things. Too bad it has only 1 ethernet port and no expansion slots, imagine turning it into a smoothwall or something.

http://us.kontron.com/index.php?id=226&cat=564&productid=241

• Intel® Pentium® M 745 1.8GHz, 2MB L2 (Dothan) soldered or
  • Intel® Celeron® M 370 1.5GHz, 1MB L2 (Dothan) socket CPU or
  • Intel® ULV Celeron® M 373 1.0GHz, 512KB L2 (Dothan) soldered
    FANLESS - just 5W! or
  • FANLESS Intel® Processor 800MHz, 0KB L2 (Dothan) soldered
  • ENHANCED Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
  • DDR-RAM-DIMM
  • Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Engine with: - up to 2x32 MByte VRAM UMA for DUAL INDEPENDENT DISPLAY
    - LVDS, CRT, DVO
    - Image Rotation
  • high integrated Intel® 855GM chipset - 400MHz Front Side Bus
    - up to 1 GByte DDR 200/266
    - integrated USB 2.0, integrated Graphics Engine
  • 10/100MBit Ethernet, 2x COM and 2xUSB 2.0
  • UDMA-100 EIDE, CompactFlash
  • ATX or 5V only power socket

that's small :p

You just might be able to make a "backpack folding rig" out of one of those....with a lawn mower battery and an inverter. .Then you could fold on the go! ..LOL:p

thideras said:
Those are pretty spendy for how small they are :eh?:
Ya I know, but Im getting a mITX board from them and its the cheapest I could find with a PCIE lot and an actual socket.

metloaf said:
That would be a great idea. have a commercial with Lance Armstrong to promote "cycle-folding."
Ya, its actually possible. I read in a magazine (think it was Discover) that a human can produce a constant 1/7hp. I cant remember if 1hp is 737 or 747 watts, but still, thats just over 100w, and most of those things would only use as much if not a little less then a laptop, and I have several that use 65w.

freakdiablo said:
Ya, its actually possible. I read in a magazine (think it was Discover) that a human can produce a constant 1/7hp. I cant remember if 1hp is 737 or 747 watts, but still, thats just over 100w, and most of those things would only use as much if not a little less then a laptop, and I have several that use 65w.

Didn't know that. That's why I like this place, I learn something new everyday.

+1 vote for worlds smallest folder... and get like 10 of those and put them in a atx tower and set them up with linux and f@h with kvm switches!

Back