• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NAV changing e-mail account info??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fearless

This is not an big deal but Norton Antivirus 2000 is changing my e-mail account info. I opened Outlook 6 and recieved an error message that stated a connection could not be made w/ the server. I looked at the account info and the account had "antivirus" added in the middle of it. My user name was also changed and read /antivirus after my name. What would cause this??

For some reason my IP address was also changed. I have yet to contact my ISP and find out if they changed numbers on me or if it was something on my end. I suspect it was the ISP as my father also had problems logging onto the net last night. I haven't had time to fix that yet...

Has anyone else had this happen? It's not a big deal and the info only takes a moment to set right but...

Thanks,
Dr.

nav does mod your email address only to go through its own server so to say, but it does this at instal and only if you select email sacanning, so it was prob like that and u just know found out, i would suspect your problems relate to the faild log on, which is y you cant connect for your mail

Back