• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attempting to decrapulate the CM ammo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks jammer. Sorry I haven't posted anymore in this thread. There hasn't really been anything to post. My dye still isn't here, the guy I was gonna buy a new lcd from disappeared, and my printer won't print my stencil font correctly. I'll post more when I have more to post I guess.

shirker said:
the all-black look is quite nice IMO, I would hate to dye any part of that green

Well, I'm not gonna just tear it apart and dye everything green. I'm not even sure exactly what color green the dye is yet. I'll test it on some other stuff I have lying around. If its not a really dark green, I will just leave the thing black. If I do dye it green and I don't like it, I can always just dye it black again.

EDIT: Man, those silver screws in the trim really stand out now. I guess I should paint those black as well.

OK, so its been a while since I ordered the green dye, and it still hasn't arrived. I'm starting to get that ripped off feeling. Seriously, how long does it take to ship a spray can?

School starts in a week. Once there I'll have access to a CNC. Might use that to do some custom cutting on this thing.

I recieved the green dye yesterday. (Check the date on the first post to get some idea of how long this took.) I tested it on some different types of scrap plastic, and they all turned out horrible. The quality of the spray can is very low, it streaks and sputters everywhere. I suppose the thing will just stay black. I have been practicing modeling objects and cutting them on the cnc. As soon as I feel comfortable with it, I will cut my forum name in one of the drive bay covers.

Back