• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with all 4 DIMMs filled on Ultra-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

douglasb

OK, I have 1 GB in 1st orange slot, 512 MB in 1st yellow slot, 1 GB in 3rd slot, and 512 MB in the 4th slot. To run dual channel, you must have both of the same colored slots occupied with the same amount of RAM. Either set works fine w/ only 2 slots filled, but when I try all 4, my puter won't post. Any ideas?

Raise the voltage when only 2 are installed, then insert the other 2. Also, make sure that you set the highest ram timings that the sticks are rated for. IE: If the GB sticks are rated 3-3-3-8, and the 512MB sticks are rated 2-2-2-5, they all have to run at 3-3-3-8.

The DFI Ultra-D can be picky with so much memory, Set CommandRate to 2T aswell with the normal sticks in/

bchur83 said:
Raise the voltage when only 2 are installed, then insert the other 2. Also, make sure that you set the highest ram timings that the sticks are rated for. IE: If the GB sticks are rated 3-3-3-8, and the 512MB sticks are rated 2-2-2-5, they all have to run at 3-3-3-8.
I second this comment. And run 2T.

Wondered why mine wouldn't post... I wasn't concerned enough to warrant seeking an answer, but I too will give this a try. What sort of volts do you reckon I should throw at OCZ DDR400's

I have a matched pair of EL Golds & two that both have coppery looking heatsinks... one with a raised (almost stuck on looking) OCZ logo & the other with it imprinted in the heatsink. I actually bought the coppery pair as a set, but having examined them closely, I am now uncertain.

on mine i am running them 250Mhz @ 2.9v but every ones ram is different so just try a bit at a time.

if your system isnt posting you obviously cant up it a bit at a time but i do have to ask do you have ALL the power sockets plugged in on the NF4 it self?

it needs ALL of them to work properly and some times if they arent then it can cause it to not post, if they are then try one stick at a time.

Back