• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

The monitors may move this but I thought it best put here to start.
I am trying to track the PSU output and so far Asus Probe is the only thing that I have used.
Well no, I haven't looked REAL hard yet, but I will.

Anyway, in the picture below it recorded a drop in the +12 Volt line to '0' while the other lines were constant. The section to the right is a blowup of the area.
Now correct me if I am wrong but such a drop, even a very quick drop, would probably signal a reset.
I have not been able to figure out how to correctly set the time in Asus Probe so that the 'Time' shown is correct but I suspect the area in question is about the time that the system reset itself in the middle of writing a letter.
Oh, the question, yes, well, does anyone know where to find additional information on this funky software? Or, better yet, do you know of another piece of software to monitor these voltages and record the history.
Does Motherboard Monitor do that??
I believe I'll go check!

That type of dropouts is why I dumped ASUSProbe on my system and went to motherboard monitor. It kept giving me false alarms on my cpu fan. I doubt very much that your voltage really drops to 0 without the system rebooting or worse.

Thanks Goldwing.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I now have MBM5 set up with the dashboard on top and am monitoring things that way. I just changed to another PSU to see if things settle down any.
I still get the -12v down to -11.18 at times and the +3.3 is alway nearer to 3.6.
No resets or lockups yet so I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks again.

Hey Goldwing, another question if I may.
As in the picture, I have the voltages set to show on top of all windows and I have found that it is necessary to bump the percentage difference up to 7% on some of them to keep the alarms from going off.
Do you think that is abnormally high?

Thanks!

You're voltages are slightly better than mine and I haven't been having stability problems.

However, I must say that my expertise is not in power supply voltages. Most of mine are within 3% except for my 3.3V which is running about 7.5% high (3.55V).

Back