• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last ditch effort, will it blend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Hello all,

I've been having a problem lately with my IP35 Pro and my 8800GTS.

If I put my 8800GTS into the first slot, it hangs on POST with a "90" error (90=Complete uGuru initial process; AWARDBIOS take over booting job)

If I put my 8800GTS into the second slot, it posts and I can game, etc to infinity with no problems.

If I put my ATI 1600XT in the first or second slot, it posts and I can game, no issues.

If I put my 7800GT in the first or second slot, it posts and I can game, no issues.

I am getting EXTREMELY frustrated with this board!!! Why does my 8800GTS not work in the first slot?

I have tried:
-Different Video cards (works)
-Updated BIOS (didn't work)
-Reset CMOS (didn't work)
-Tried the 8800GTS in another machine (works)

If you have any questions to what I did or how I have something hooked up, ASK, please :D

I want to get this motherboard working, but I am giving it 2 days or I am going to return it to NewEgg!!

Please help :beer:

EDIT: I am highly tempted to get the 680i

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013

I dunno, but Abit lost it with me. Their boards seem to have random problems that are unexplainable. I suggest you drop that board and go for the 680i.

Nebulous said:
I dunno, but Abit lost it with me. Their boards seem to have random problems that are unexplainable. I suggest you drop that board and go for the 680i.

NO Way , they just dont clock as high as p35 . I know it is a PITA but maybe just hold on to it till x38 releases. Abit has a few things I dont like (not being able to use setfsb or clock gen for one)

||Console|| said:
NO Way , they just dont clock as high as p35 . I know it is a PITA but maybe just hold on to it till x38 releases. Abit has a few things I dont like (not being able to use setfsb or clock gen for one)
Yeah, but I can't just "hold on" until x38 bud. I can return this board for a refund NOW and not later :beer:

Also, I am NOT going to have a computer sitting here without a motherboard, simply not going to happen.

I don't have time to wait as I run LAN parties and fold.:beer:

Oh, and here you go:

youtube_blend.jpg

Serious, Abit has been plagued with problems. Tech support is non-existant, and tho their boards look nice, they don't work right 1/2 the time. This has been a problem since the Fatality days.

I would go with the 680i over the Abit. Ask Rattle how much he enjoyed his 680i board (tho he's selling it due to personal reasons).

||Console|| said:
Then take it back and get the asus or the giga p35 mb
Any reason not to get the 680i?

I'm not looking to max out my proc at all, I'm looking to just get atleast 400fsb...

I may do SLi later, I just need to figure out if I can mix a 8800gts 640mb with a 8800gts 320mb...

Im not a fan of the 680's tomanny ppl I know have problems with getting high clocks . 400x9 should be doable though . Pm squashfx he prob has a long lsit of why he doesnt like the NV chipsets.

I think you need the same cards for SLI 2 640's or 2 320's dont think you can mix them

||Console|| said:
Im not a fan of the 680's tomanny ppl I know have problems with getting high clocks . 400x9 should be doable though . Pm squashfx he prob has a long lsit of why he doesnt like the NV chipsets.

I think you need the same cards for SLI 2 640's or 2 320's dont think you can mix them
Yup, I talk to squashfx through IM from time to time...he is afk right now >.>

I'm still trying to figure that Sli thing out...

Thanks for the help!

Unless someone can point out a HUGE flaw with the 680i, I am probably going to get it very soon.

I think their just revisions. I did a compare at the egg and nothing looked different to me.

Did you look at Evga's site?

dudleycpa said:
I think their just revisions. I did a compare at the egg and nothing looked different to me.

Did you look at Evga's site?
Not yet, I'm talking with local places to see if they have it in stock.

iii9ix3 said:
i think the boards are exactly the same, i believe its what you get with the board that is different. Look at the "Package Contents" under the specifications. The 'A1' model comes with more stuff than the 'T1.' Kind of like LANPARTY vs. LANPARTY UT
Kk, very cool.

I think I'll trade in and save the 20 bucks and just overnight it.

O...M...G!!!

The agents from the matrix are tracking me!!

See???

omganagent.jpg

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my only question is did you plug in the 4pin molex connector onto the motherboard, the one near the pci-e slot?

Back