• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Job interview - wish me luck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
traldan said:
Out of curiosity, what's the job?

Right now I'm 2nd level tech support (1st level is helpdesk....answering phones and the like).

New position would be an application analyst one, dealing with end users and vendors, interfaces, servers, applications, etc...

A belated good luck :) ... I am glad the interview went well. Now we will all send positive mind waves for the deliberation process :)

Interview went really well, ended up being for a completely different position than I thought it was for, but took an hour and 10 minutes and was with someone that I've helped out numerous times before. New manager would be my first choice.....that's good as well.
Thats great news! Crossing fingers for you here.:)

Told my wife I wanted to call in sick until I find out about the job.....to relieve the stress....lol.

One reason I hope I get it is so I can replace this E6300 with a quad....then I can get Nosifer off my "threat" list!

/me flings cheesy poofs into Nosifer's rigs

cw823 said:
Told my wife I wanted to call in sick until I find out about the job.....to relieve the stress....lol.

One reason I hope I get it is so I can replace this E6300 with a quad....then I can get Nosifer off my "threat" list!

/me flings cheesy poofs into Nosifer's rigs

It might be hard to keep nosifer at bay for long ... iirc he still has 100's of work borgs to bring online ... but building some breathing space can never be a bad thing :)

So it was supposed to be Wednesday, but now it's Monday. As in, tomorrow.

Worked a 12 yesterday and today and have tomorrow off, here's hoping I get a good phone call.

If I do, if someone of you in neighboring states hear screaming, it's me, and I got the job. Cursing? Someone else got it that probably shouldn't have. :(

Holy crapola I got it! They offered it to me about 20 minutes ago, and of course, I accepted. Said it will take a couple weeks to transition out of my current position which we haven't planned out yet, but the position is mine.

Now I feel like I finally have a career!

:beer::beer::beer:

Best news is I told my wife I wanted another quad, but I can already pay for the one I'm about to get, so I should be folding with 3 quads in a few weeks. Should help the team a bit.

cw823 said:
Best news is I told my wife I wanted another quad, but I can already pay for the one I'm about to get, so I should be folding with 3 quads in a few weeks. Should help the team a bit.

3 quads, damn! Glad you got the job man! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

cw823 said:
Holy crapola I got it! They offered it to me about 20 minutes ago, and of course, I accepted. Said it will take a couple weeks to transition out of my current position which we haven't planned out yet, but the position is mine.

Congrats! Glad it happened for you!

Call me when they promote you to a hiring manager. :D

cw823 said:

Adda boy cw! Was there ever any doubt? :thup:

Thund3rball said:
Adda boy cw! Was there ever any doubt? :thup:

Oh yes there was....stranger things have happened. It's funny though, I hired into a helpdesk position in March of 2005, 2 months after 3 degreed (2 with 2-year, 1 with 4-year degree) guys got hired in. I got promoted to 2nd level tech support ahead of the 3 other guys. And here I get promoted again.....which means one of them can get promoted into my old job.

I have no formal education, I'm just fortunate to be very good at what I do AND I happen to enjoy it. I think that's what has pushed me up so quickly....the fact that I enjoy what I do. I think sometimes that can be hard to find.

My wife and I also agreed that we will get cable TV, that's right, CABLE TV. We had nothing but bunny-ear channels before. We've been living like savages I tell you!

With my b-day Thursday this is one of the best birthday gifts I've gotten in year! Quick now, one of you guys buy my E6300 & E6600 in the classies so I can order a quad! :)

Back