• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF6 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Well i am one, and if anyone with the BF6 need help feel free to ask me anything.

BF6 & Tualatin Powerleap Adapter

I was wondering if you have or know anybody who is attempting to run the Powerleap PL-iP3/T adapter in their Abit BF6. I have this setup at the moment, and I have been having stability problems since day one. Ever since installation I have been having my machine randomly restart and lockup on me. I was fairly convinced that it was my ****ty generic taiwanese 250W power supply, and have replaced it with a 400W Antec. Since replacement, I have not recieved any problems except for a single BSOD while running a DVD with my case on. This makes no sense to me, as my Celeron 1200 seems to run far cooler than my P3-700 ever did. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into similar problems with this combination.

If it helps I am currently running Windows 2000 (just reverted back from Winblows XP), CAS2 PC133 memory from Crucial, and a full load of drives and expansion cards (I currently have a full tower case which I have almost completely filled with a large array of devices, this may have something to do with my possible heat problem)

Any postive input would be appreciated.

sorry dont know anyone else running a celeron 1200 on this board.... looks like your our expert on this one black220

yes i know how to do a Vmod...
But the mod is not done to the board, but rather on the CPU itself...
What you do is short pins on the CPU to raise your Default Vcore (to 2.05V)....
Then the BF6 will let you get alot more volts, highest i tried was 2.3.....
If i am correct, your default Vcore is 1.65????

HardOCP has an article on it
http://www.hardocp.com/articles/intel_stuff/bumpvoltage.html
if you are unsure.... feel free to ask for more help.
Just tell us your default Vcore, or the sspec of the CPU.

Oh yeah,
Good memory. I remember seeing that article about 2 years ago. I may have to try this out. Thanks!

One more thing, my HW Doctor does not seem to like Win2k. Do you know of any fixes? I've tried the cd and download version, and neither worked.

Thanks again

i use a program called Motherboard Probe
http://web.bham.ac.uk/jst829/mbprobe/

Other people seem to like Motherboard Monitor better though....
Sorry, dont use that one so i dont have a link for you....
Do a web seacrch if you want it, easy to find.

bf6 ??

my abit-bf6 lod but not the videocard 1/5 it's ok other was blank screen. a have try mani card pci agp
now i have viper II 128 mg ram pII 300
soundblaster 16
dlink-528 network card

can you help me ??

tank's J.P.

Could you explain the question again, I am not 100% sure what you are asking/what your problem is....

Is you computer not turning on on the 1st try every now and then?

i try many type pf video card and same thing all video card test was working on other system
tank's
J.P.

I think it may be a glitch with the CPU, or motherboard...
I know some intel CPU's have this problem and need to be turned on twice for them to work... I have had the same thing happen to my systems as well. Turn it on, harddrives spin up, fans on, CD-ROM....
But no video.
It not a major problem, just turn it off then on again.
nothing is wrong with your board so you shouldnt have to worry about anything

i found the start of the problem, i use the dip switch for set the cpu and ti start at 133mhz(pII-300) and i can go up to 233, hier than that no boot the cpu work fine on other motherboard.

but when i start it 133....233 i can load windows but when it come to load desktop it lod never at the same place.

if you know the problem tell me,
tank's a lot!
J.P.

the pII-300 was working in the same configuration last year, tell me what you want know. tank's a lot

your are good people in this furum many other place never anwser me.

J.P.

new identifycation problem

more info

the computer start whit dip switch set to min cpu mhz the problem is it not identify the cpu correctly the p2 300 give 133
and a p3 coppermine 667 detect as 333e

after dip boot i can set in the bios and replace the dpi off but the multiplier not worl just the sfb the more i can optaine of the 300 is 200 and for the 667 is 500.

and at all the speed test the system was very unstable, bug and bug after a bug ,and no start, restart the protocol dip sw...

help me!! :D
tank's

J.p.

sorry

fsb 66 boot
75 boot
100 no
133 no

the system look like full overclocked and no want to boot
my motherbord have an problem?
my cpu(dont tink so try 2 cind and work great on other pc)
my sdram??
i dont know

J.P.

dont use the dip switch's at all.
Set everything in the SOFTMENU III BIOS, its more stable that way and has more options....

If you have problems getting the CPU to boot when have it set to softmenu, hold down insert when booting.

tank's for the insert trick i will try this night

sorry for all this question but i whant to but this computer working..
lol

real nice setup coming, 4 computer all network, internet , p2-450, p3 800, cel800, and the other not want to work at the right speed for noew is a p2-133 :p

tank's a lot for your help
i will post new's this night

J.p.

ok for the insert key .... do something??....
a new's the Vcore is low 1.67 i canot put more in sotf menu iset it 1.9 and not seem to work, do you know the way to rase it??

J.P.

Back