• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let the fun begin..... :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Threw the G0 in the rig when I got home today and gonna play with it some....

One statement that's crossed my mind though, TR 120 Extreme Who???? :p

temp.jpg

This SI-128 does a WONDERFUL job cooling and I get the added benefit of cooling the board as well!

It might be doing a wonderful job cooling right now, but let's see how well it fares when you take that over 3GHz ;)

Mine arrived today too, from TankGuys. Going to shutdown and put it in right now. What did you get? Mine is L724A. I googled around a bit and people are hitting cpuz validations of 4GHz on this thing (on water though).

How's this???? :D

temp2.jpg

All settings in BIOS set to AUTO except for RAM timings (set to 4-4-4-10, rest AUTO) and RAM voltage, set to 2.1.....

set vcore to manual and see how low you can get it to run stable on. Damn I'd love to have temps like that...

M Diddy said:
How's this???? :D

All settings in BIOS set to AUTO except for RAM timings (set to 4-4-4-10, rest AUTO) and RAM voltage, set to 2.1.....
If you take the voltages into your own hands (manually), I can almost guarantee you that you can get higher clocks on lower voltage...auto vcore usually gives your cpu more voltage than it actually needs

shirker said:
If you take the voltages into your own hands (manually), I can almost guarantee you that you can get higher clocks on lower voltage...auto vcore usually gives your cpu more voltage than it actually needs

The question is where to begin with setting the voltages (other than cpu vcore). I searched around online for what the default voltages are for the P5B-Deluxe and I can't find anything. All I can find is what other people are setting theirs to. I was wanting to know so that I have a proper starting point, but I'm just having to play the trial and error game. We'll see what happens I guess.

Well for reference....

I'm running OCCT right now for over 3 hours stable at 3.3Ghz and 1.3125 VCore. Same 3.3 Ghz at 1.30 would error out after 41+ mins.

Temps are a bit higher now. Idle is around 43-44C and average temps (via Coretemp) are 57-58. Highest I've seen is 61C. I'm gonna shoot for a 3.4Ghz daily driver with temps around 60C hopefully. Might go with the TR 120-E yet, not quite sure though...

hmm, it takes me 1.3562v to get my quad 3.3Ghz rock stable...are you playing around with the other voltages much?

Sorin said:
The question is where to begin with setting the voltages (other than cpu vcore). I searched around online for what the default voltages are for the P5B-Deluxe and I can't find anything. All I can find is what other people are setting theirs to. I was wanting to know so that I have a proper starting point, but I'm just having to play the trial and error game. We'll see what happens I guess.

Iirc the default FSB, NB, and SB voltages are the lowest ones available in the BIOS. Vcore is the one where you need to see the VID to set it manually to the default value. Well I guess you also need to know what your RAM's default voltage is as well to set it correctly.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm running 3.3 right now with VCore at 1.32 set in BIOS. All my Windows programs are reading 1.30 voltage though. I tried running it up to 3.4 but even at 1.38 Vcore, I couldn't get it to pass OCCT without crashing. 3.3 is fine all day long at 1.32 in BIOS though.... Not quite sure what the problem is... Temps are fine at 3.4, going no higher then 64C...... Any ideas???

to get to 3.4Ghz stably, i need +1.4v bios, 65C load, just try raising the cpu voltage in bios until your stable.

Your going to get to a point where it's just not worth it to oc anymore, 3.3Ghz seems ok for you now, surprised how your stable there with those volts.

M Diddy said:
Hmmm... I'm running 3.3 right now with VCore at 1.32 set in BIOS. All my Windows programs are reading 1.30 voltage though. I tried running it up to 3.4 but even at 1.38 Vcore, I couldn't get it to pass OCCT without crashing. 3.3 is fine all day long at 1.32 in BIOS though.... Not quite sure what the problem is... Temps are fine at 3.4, going no higher then 64C...... Any ideas???

Have you tried playing w/ the NB, FSB, & SB voltages?

And the strap setting in that Asus board?

Is your memory running 1:1?

Aye. Ram is running at 1.1. I tried turning up some of the other voltages, but quickly found out this SI-128 is not going to cut the mustard. :(

Temps after 5 mins of OCCT at 3.4 Ghz, 1.36 VCore in BIOS were up to 75-76 C on cores 1 and 2. Just placed an order at SVC for a TR 120-X......

Maybe you could lower your Vcore a tad, and raise your FSB/NB/SB voltages. You might be hitting a FSB wall that needs more voltage there, and not so much on your CPU. You could try lowering your multi, and see what happens as you raise your FSB. If you still can't raise the FSB it is probably the FSB/NB/SB voltage that needs to be increased, but if you can raise it w/o problems then it is indeed your CPU that needs better cooling.

Either way you'll be better off w/ the U-120-X! As far as I know SVC has the best deal on it right now. I got mine from there last week. It took about a week for it to reach me, though. However, I still can't use it...waiting on my CPU!

jason4207 said:
Either way you'll be better off w/ the U-120-X! As far as I know SVC has the best deal on it right now. I got mine from there last week. It took about a week for it to reach me, though. However, I still can't use it...waiting on my CPU!

It was even cheaper than NewEgg. But the added bonus for me is that SVC is only 5 miles or so from where I live, so I just go down there to pick up my stuff when I order from them. "Pick up/will call" needs to be a standard feature of everyone. I don't care what the reason against it is.

Last time I went was a couple of weeks ago. I got the ultra 120 extreme and 3 scythe s-flex F fans from them. All cheaper than newegg, with the added bonus of no shipping. :D

Back