• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6750 - What's your OC? (and should I Upgrade from e4300?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Since the e6750 is only $211 at Newegg (minus $20 Paypal rebate = $191 :eek: ), I am looking at upgrading my e4300 system to this. My e4300 is running happily at 3.15GHz (PC #2 in my sig). I'd assume the e6750 would leave it in the dust? I think the 4MB of L2 would also be a benefit for my "low Latency" Audio requirements (this PC is used strictly for Audio Production with a 52-Channel RME Soundcard)

What is your e6750 running at? I'm mainly looking for comparisons of Air Cooled setups (I'm running an older XP-120 in this rig)...

Thanks! :cool:

Last edited:
3.6G 450 bus 1800 FSB stable. Can get up to 475 bus but crahes no matter what I try. Either Mobo or chip limiting. Not ram.

400MHz above my $100 e4300 makes it a tough call IMO. I'm fairly certain the extra L2 would help my application, but I might just have to say "no" for now (and that is VERY hard for me to do - I'm way OCD with my purchases ;) ).

I guess I'll wait for Penryn, and upgrade my main rig later this year. Then I can hand the e6600 in PC#1 to my PC#2 DAW (only 50MHz faster, but I'll have the 4MB of L2 in the DAW). And sell the e4300 (or build a C2D rig for my parents).

Thanks for your input, and I welcome any other e4300/e6750 comparisons. That $20 Off Newegg/Paypal coupon is really nagging my brain to BUY SOMETHING!!!!! So hard to resist...

:cool:

:D . Let us know how it does. I'm still so darn tempted! Maybe I'll cave by the end of my shift, and order one :)

Anyone else care to toss in their thoughts? $191 e6750 upgrade for an e4300 system (PC#2 in my sig). Worth it? Or wait for Penryn?

:cool:

Back