• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wahts taht settin gso it stops dropping my multi automatically

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

i have an e6850 and cpu-z shopws its usually at 2.00 ghz and i cant seem to find the setting in the bios to turn the step down feature off.

Can anyone inform of where it is and what it is called?

in case this helps, i have a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

Sorry for awful spelling, new ergonomic keyboard

Now a pretty silly question, why would you do that?
I mean, for oc'ing it's pretty obvious you want it to be turned of since you want to rule out any variables. But what if you finished the tinkering, you can easily turn on speedstep as it won't hurt anything. And if you fold or anything like that I can imagine you disable those settings too since they are so low in priority that the mutli would drop when it's busy.

But why would you disable those settings on a 24/7 rig?

One Bull said:
Now a pretty silly question, why would you do that?
I mean, for oc'ing it's pretty obvious you want it to be turned of since you want to rule out any variables. But what if you finished the tinkering, you can easily turn on speedstep as it won't hurt anything. And if you fold or anything like that I can imagine you disable those settings too since they are so low in priority that the mutli would drop when it's busy.

But why would you disable those settings on a 24/7 rig?

Who's ever finished tinkering???:beer:

Troof. Why use more power to idle for no reason. It goes full speed when you need it to automatically.

Back