• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally time to upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palee72

I finally have to get a new graphics card. My radeon 9500Pro finally gave up. The fan has stopped spinning (I don't know how long ago) and now that I'm gaming again, it crashes every 15-20 minutes from overheating. I could buy a new fan for it and resurrect it, but till I do that, I'm halfway to the hassle of getting a new card.

So, I pose to you (and I'm sure this has been asked a million times before). What to get? I do have limitations. Those being

Max $100-$120
AGP slot (no PCIe)

Preferably from newegg or frys.com as those are about the only two places I've ever ordered from. (other suggestions welcome)

As mentioned, I currently have an ATI card, but I'm willing to go to Nvidia as well. This is not to become an ATI vs. Nvidia thread. I simply need a card that will play decent. I don't need all the bells and whistles. Just a card that works. I doubt I will O/C it (blasphemy), but you never know. I haven't been keeping up with the latest trends (as you can tell by my ancient hardware), So I'm looking to the wisdom of the OC Forums. My fate, is in your hands..

Back