• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frequent crashing to desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

Recently my sytem has been crashing to desk top playing BF2 I upgraded all the drivers uninstalled then reinstalled BF2 I ran stress test which it wont crash and passes also memtest and passes.....my temps are fine even the V/C's all is water cooled exept NB, NB a little warmer than I like.......I thought it was only a BF2 isssue til I was watching a video and it locked up.....any Ideas? Im kinda pushing for the NB temp its running 57* full load on a stress test but doesnt lock up but when I loop 3d mark it will lock after a few hours....also my volts are a little lower than I like 11.8 4.89 3.2 please any help would be great..............

Try backing the OC down and see if it still crashes. If it does then put the speed back to default and see if it crashes then.

CGR said:
Try backing the OC down and see if it still crashes. If it does then put the speed back to default and see if it crashes then.

I tried that already forgot to mention thanks for the reply though.....

Hmmmm. Maybe try each vid card separately then. See if it locks up with one and not the other. Could be one of your cards is bad.

Well thats what I thought however it seems to be getting worse...my nb is only35* under load I can run Pi OCCt both at he same time system will pass all test........but bf2 choppy then crash to desktop now AS I was typing this its starting to shut off and rebooting now it sounds like a PSU issue which like I said in the first thread they are running low.....

Well pc working fine but as soon as I play BF2 it studders , freeze frames, or crashes to desktop........................ video settings are all default overclock was backed off,All temps are confirmed ok prime 95 on dual core test for 24 hours passed , super pi passed ,memtest passed, memtest windows, passed Occt passed, and 3dmark 01 continuous loop for 48 hours passed......all drivers were unistalled and upgraded,unistalled and rolled back no change.....uninstalled BF2 and reinstalled no change, AMD optimizer intalled no chnage unistalled no change, I even set it to only use 1 core no chnage ,well im lost any more ideas guys.........

Crashing to desktop is a BF2 thing. Reinstalling the last full patch should fix it. Are you perhaps running without a CD or dvd using Imulation software? Did you try updating punkbuster to it's latest? I had the problem for a very long time, but ditched the emulation software and really have had no problems for a while.

Sounds like you have a bad stick(s) if ram. People often over look that and I've noticed it's the cause of many problems.

Back