10 Year Badge

Video editing assistance

Ok short story, sweet

Last year I made this using Adobe Elements 2.0

Since then, I installed Vista and 2.0 will not run on it. Another Adobe slap in the face...anyways

The new problem, last year I used my 1 megapixel camera which records in mpg2. Every time I press Play/Stop It saved the files. This year I upgraded to a DVD camcorder....PITA. It saves the whole recording as 1 file. I converted to Mp2, however I need a program that will with ease that will let me go into it and cut specific video clips as well as still images.

So I specifically would like a program that I can take video clips from the huge file as well as image stills from the video.... Any suggestions?

P.S as far as the video creation, I will probably suck it up and but Adboe software again. (unless you got a better decision?)

Just Another Retired Moderator Jon's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    VideoRedo can do this very well and is also extremely fast. It has nowhere near the options that Adobe has, but that's not what it is for. It is purely a cut and edit solution.

I am only assuming it grabs image stills though...I don't have that kind of experience with it.

Is Windows Movie Maker not an option? I know a lot of the little kiddies make their anime music videos with it.... Ive only used it a few times long ago.
    STEELERS BABY
    IX
    X
    GOT 6? XIII
    XIV
    WE DO XL
    XLIII
    I.M.O.G.: I'm sorry to inform you that your sig violates forum rules. Due to obscene, and frankly ugly, choices of colors you must change this. I suggest brown and orange perhaps.
    lol JK... Congratulations on your season. Greetings from Cleveland, the home of "There's always next year".
    cw823: I think you need to edit your sig, this could finally be a year for a Cleveland team. Go Cavs!

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    VideoRedo can do this very well and is also extremely fast. It has nowhere near the options that Adobe has, but that's not what it is for. It is purely a cut and edit solution.

I am only assuming it grabs image stills though...I don't have that kind of experience with it.
    Thanks for that program btw. I actually really enjoyed the ease of grabbing still images as well as small video clips.