• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RMA Turnaround

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nandro said:
I just fried my EVGA 640M SC. :bang head :bang head :bang head
I was wondering if anyone knows about how long their turn around is?
My first RMA from them was a 1 day turnaround. Normal RMA.

I'm waiting on the second one as the package has not arrived yet >.<

They are very fast. When you get your RMA number, you can call up and have an automated machine tell you what the status of the RMA is. Or you talk to someone :D

I just got an RMA back today. It took 1.5 weeks. They told me their computers went down for 2 days and caused a huge delay. In the past, normally a week at most. But luckily for me, I am only a few hours away from them. The turn around is all in the shipping, which you can pay for faster shipping if you want. But when they get ur card, it normally goes out no later than a day after.

--pak

I just spent the $16 on the EAR replacement with cross shipment. I can't believe this card fried. I am starting to think something is wrong with my motherboard. i had killed a 8800320, have a 7800GT that artifacts, and now this. Thats too much of a coincidence for me. I am ordering a new MB as soon as I can think of which one I should get. Best one under 200 anyone?

Nandro said:
I just spent the $16 on the EAR replacement with cross shipment. I can't believe this card fried. I am starting to think something is wrong with my motherboard. i had killed a 8800320, have a 7800GT that artifacts, and now this. Thats too much of a coincidence for me. I am ordering a new MB as soon as I can think of which one I should get. Best one under 200 anyone?
Have you considered the PSU also?

Oh, and I love my nForce 680i.

pak said:
When you say "fried" what exactly happens?

--pak
He brought it up to his stove, heated some oil in a frying pan and dropped it in.

When I say fried, I mean I could smell burning components of some kind from under the heat sink. I had this card less than 8 days, so I am not going to bother to see what it is. I spoke to a representative and with the EAR program, they send me a prepaid box and my new card will go out tomorrow overnight delivery and as long as they receive my fried card within 14 days my credit card will not be charged. The EAR program is well worth the $16.99 when you register it. I may well buy the EVGA 680i MB for the same reason. Heck, if that fries I can have a new one to me in a day, cant beat that. Is the EVGA 680i a decent board? I love their support, if their product is even remotely competitive I'd take it for that reason alone.

Nandro said:
When I say fried, I mean I could smell burning components of some kind from under the heat sink. I had this card less than 8 days, so I am not going to bother to see what it is. I spoke to a representative and with the EAR program, they send me a prepaid box and my new card will go out tomorrow overnight delivery and as long as they receive my fried card within 14 days my credit card will not be charged. The EAR program is well worth the $16.99 when you register it. I may well buy the EVGA 680i MB for the same reason. Heck, if that fries I can have a new one to me in a day, cant beat that. Is the EVGA 680i a decent board? I love their support, if their product is even remotely competitive I'd take it for that reason alone.
Your probably did the exact same thing mine did. I had mine watercooled, so when removing the heatsinks, I saw EXACTLY what burned up o_O

By any chance, does it smell burnt on the side where the power connector is?

Back