• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X38 Initial boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eaglelake chipset :
• available mid 2008
• PCIe 2.0
• DRD3 only (I'm guessing) 1333Mhz FSB with DDR3-1333 memory
• ICH10 southbridge:
integrated Wi-Fi controller alongside a 10GB network controller,
reduced CPU overhead and power consumption,
built in hardware firewall.

ICH10 removes support for PS2 and LPT ports.

Straight from OCF.

If they are removing PS2 support, I really hope they get USB keyboards working more reliably. My motherboard seems to detect when I hit my Del key to enter BIOS, but I cant F8 or use CTN+I for getting into my RAID configurator.

Each time I want to work on detailed tweaks I have to get my lazy *** on the floor behind my desk and hook up an old PS2 keyboard.

Its a pain in the ***! :bang head

Supposedly the X38 can OC DDR3 up to 2.4GHz and is quite the OC'er. The PCIe 2.0 slots will be useful soon with the new generation of video cards, though it's not required (since they are supposedly backwards compatible).

And latest word is release on Sept. 9th but we'll see how that goes!

I have read more sites on more boards than i care to think about. I have read up on every P35, and every 680i. In just about all of them, the difference is minimal at best, except as noted above, the 680i has much better memory bandwidth and the P35 better R/W thru put on Hard drives sue to matrix raid. I for one am going to probably go 680i as I get a lifetime warantee and have dealt with evga before. They already have in windows tweaking, so its old nes for 680i. And I will be willing to bet X38 does NOT do SLI. NV has stated this in articles I am too lazy to google, but they won't canabalize their own chipset sales. I would bet they will release an updated chipset if the new intel gives them reason to, if not, they already have a mature performance entusiast board that needs little to no more tweaks to make it work well. I mean people getting 3.8 on G6600? Who has that on P35, raise your hands please?

Back