• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Inspiron 1000 memory upgrade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattchew

Is it possible to upgrade the Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop, to hold 1gb DDR 266mhz ram?

Cheers

Maybe. Dell says 512, but there have been instances where they understated how much it could take.

Yeah... My theory was that they may take more. I did the research on google and it said 512. However, it's a few years old and 1gb might not have been available then?

aaa know a lot about LED modding? :p

Oh there were bigger sizes available then. I know at least 512 sticks were around. Dell's claiming it only takes 2x256. I guess another way to check would be to look up the chipset on the Intel site.

Dunno much about LEDs, there's a topic on this page about though, by ozzlo.

Is it possible to upgrade the Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop, to hold 1gb DDR 266mhz ram?

Cheers

One of the companies that I work for, 4Allmemory.com, shows your Laptop only accepting 256MB pc2700 SoDIMM as the max you can put in your Laptop. With one of the modules being a non-removable 256 for a total of 512MB total system memory.

Our Modules:

1. Lifetime Warranty
2. 30 Day Back Money Guarantee
3. Guaranteed 100% Compatible
4. Buy Back program for old/new DIMMS you have sitting around.

Back