• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DiRT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Anyone have this game? I bought the game back in July and never liked it since..Worse game I have spent $30 on. Graphics look good, but the greatest. Plays well on my 8800gtx maxed out... Only one problem..Controls! You can tweak the cars susp, wheels, turning and all that other good stuff but thats a lot of time and work..I wasted 2 hours dealing with the game trying to like it and its not working one bit. The menus are pointless...takes 10 years to get back to the menu from a race. A bit retarded seeing the "saving chances don't turn off your pc" everytime you back out of something.

The point of the thread is asking if anyone here actually likes it? And have any tips tweaking the controls so I can at least complete a few races and make this game enjoyable on my end before I sell it on Ebay for $10 + shipped

Im assuming he means physics... i have this game and also dont really like playin it that much... too difficult to control your vehicle and it takes FOREVER navigating through the menus!

First map wasn't bad, but the rest was just crazy. I could see this being a good investment on a console, but PC just doesn't work so well. Spent a few hours trying to complete the 2nd level on a difficult past the medium setting...yeah uninstalled and never looked back.

i love it on my 360, best rally game i have played, graphics, damage, et cetera :) but i am easy to please too, cant wait to get the 360 steering wheel.

Physics are horrible. Very arcade-like, which is not a suprise seeing as though this game was aimed primarily for the box. This could've been the greatest rally game ever made with the best graphics to date, but they chose to make more money instead. It's a shame.

i have it, and still play it once in a while when im not playing bioshock or graw2
it has a learning curve, but i used to play alot of driving games so i picked it up easy

I mean by the rules of physics in the game..it's too extreme for a rally game. I have played rally derby games like this before and none of them were as hard as DiRT!

I thought of buying a controlor from Wall Mart that looked like a 360 controlor for $20 to help control this game a lot better. Any suggestions?

Physics are horrible. Very arcade-like, which is not a suprise seeing as though this game was aimed primarily for the box. This could've been the greatest rally game ever made with the best graphics to date, but they chose to make more money instead. It's a shame.
Yeah, god forbid a company wants to make money... :rolleyes:

But seriously, considering it isn't technically in the Colin McRae series, I never expected super-real physics. This game is kinda like the PGR of rally games.

It lasted about 15 minutes on my hard drive. Long enough to figure out the menus, setup my controls and make about half a lap around the first course and then uninstalled it. Rallysport challenge destroys this game.

Okay, first off you can't use a keyboard. I use a 360 ctrl'er and thats fine. I've racked up a few thousand miles with that ctrl'er in Test Drive Unlimited so it works great for me.
I've played most every rally game out there for pc and this is by far the hardest, but after some time you get used to it. This is a game that can last you a long time if you're into the racing scene.. putting in some serious hours over the long haul and being able to pwn every race. Personally, I've had the game for two weeks and have beaten all of the races on the 'first level of the pyramid' on normal difficulty, most on full Pro. To beat it a on pro I have to try it SEVERAL times and not really make mistakes.
The problem I see is that each race when you start out is a different type so you can't get used to one vehicles ctrls.
As for menus, well they're a bit chunky but if you like the game content it ceases to matter after some substantive gameplay.
Just my 3.5 cents. ;)

Back